New Gear & Bikes, Bikes & More Bikes

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Warren Mary Ellen, May 1, 2022.

1. Quick weekend trip to Oconee State Park for me to work the charity bike event I help put on each year. Great weather and a great turnout for the ride which will put some money in some charity in the area. If you want to experience riding a bike a 15% grade, let me know, I have just the place for you.

Got some new gear to try out this weekend. Ended up acquiring a nearly brand new Camp Inn side tent from a secondary source. which showed just how used up our 7 year old one was. We still have it, but it was nice having one in near perfect shape and this will keep us from having to order one of the new green ones too.

We also had a new canopy for the galley which is a Hasika Canopy. We went with the one with the side walls. Liked it because it gave us more coverage behind the camper with plenty of room underneath if rain forces underneath. Previously, we had a Kelty canopy that was almost like the REI Alcove (we still have on of those), but the Kelty got damaged in a downpour on the SC coast last summer. One of the Camp Inn owners near us have one of these and we seen it on their camper. The only problem was it did not come with instructions and this campground has really poor cell service. We've had plenty of tents so we figured it out.

We also got a Kelty Noah's tarp (12 X 12) to give us a little more converage over the camper. It will help us when it rains, so we don't have the rain pelting the camper so much at night and should be able to keep the roof vent open more when it's raining. Also, it gave us some covered areas without having cram stuff under the camper or under the picnic table. Probably don't have either one up perfectly, but we also knew we were going to be without rain on this trip too. We didn't even bother with the Alcove over the picnic table.

Angus is the black dog in the one pic and the Corgi is Monty. If you see the stroller at the front of the camper, we don't have a baby. Monty has a pretty bad back and the stroller is for him so we can go for walks when we camp. He thinks he's the king when he rides in too.

And we got strange looks when the Subaru pulled the camper and not the Ram truck.

View attachment upload_2022-5-1_21-22-8.jpeg

View attachment upload_2022-5-1_21-22-28.jpeg

View attachment upload_2022-5-1_21-22-54.jpeg

View attachment upload_2022-5-1_21-23-19.jpeg

View attachment upload_2022-5-1_21-23-43.jpeg

View attachment upload_2022-5-1_21-31-11.jpeg

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Nice....I like the Hasika!

I think i'm going to use this to springboard to make a "current list" of canopies --- many of the ones from the past are discontinued, I don't think our options are any better today. The Alcove was popular, and then there's my personal favorite the Pahaque Cottonwood

I've got a google spreadsheet I am working on based on what i know is currently available --- if you're interested in helping document what we currently use, like, and is still available...PM me if you (all of you, not jus Warren Marry Ellen) want to help build the list

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.

3. Let me finish up with my bike ride business and I'll get it to you. I have a few things to do post ride for the event.

4. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Sweeney, the Eureka Northern Breeze is still available at REI, recent reviews positive, as have been those of others here

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Added it to my list.

Kevin likes this.
  6. Steve & Betsy

Steve & Betsy Novice

We like our 10 x 10 Eurmax which is still available. We have it over just the galley, which leaves us with sitting room if it’s raining. At night we back the camper under it so we can keep the vent open, the windows open, and get in or out without rain getting our legs all wet, while putting on/taking off shoes.

Warren Mary Ellen and Kevin like this.