New Antenna Solution!

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Trippster, May 13, 2012.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

I think i have found a nice way to attach the Clearstream 2 Antenna to the tongue of the trailer!
    I also have a Hitch Helper that is great in helping me hitch the trailer without an assistant. Its a pole with a mirror on top and a super strong magnet.
    The Clearstream2 antenna needs a pole for installation on the trailer.
    Sooooo, I put both of the items to use at the same time.
    With a 12 foot coaxial cable from the trailer, I attach the antenna and cable to the Hitch Helper at the trailer tongue. It seems to work perfect at home. We are going to try it out in Columbus later tho week!
    Watcha think?

[​IMG]
    Clearstream2 Antenna attached to Hitch Helper with super strong magnet of Hitch Helper pole.

2. Trippster

Trippster Novice

BTW, the antenna simply attaches and detaches with two wing nuts. So its simple to detach when not needed or when you want to use the hitch helper.

3. Looks great Ken! that's about the same spot we mount our solar panel.

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Nice! That mount pattern on the tongue really does have a bunch of potential uses like that. Looks good Ken.

Cary

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Oh you cleaver little devil.

Sue

6. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Ken, this brings up something I've been wondering about. How good are these HD antennas? Can you really use them effectively when camping? I would think a campground in the wilds would be too far from the towers to get a signal.
    Any feedback from the group would be appreciated.
    Mike

7. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Mike.
    It is difficult to say whether an antenna will pull from a great distance when out in the boonies. Our experience this past week in the suburbs of Columbus Ohio were stellar though! We didn't want to miss the two nights of American Idol so the antenna worked to perfection.
    My rule of thumb would be that if you do not expect cell coverage for a phone, then certainly don't expect to get HD TV coverage. Keep in mind that these antennas are used by many folks that don't have access to underground cable, so they serve many rural environments.
    The bottom-line I guess is that you just may want to try it. You can at least expect coverage on the way and back from your destination, just not AT your destination if it's too far out. Just sayin'. its easy to set up and take down for sure. Good luck!