Must Watch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfocallag, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Great find Joan! Just watched the one on teardrops so far - kinda reminded me of CICO...

3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hey, Joan! Just spent the past hour-and-half watching these (retirement is so fine). Thanks for sharing! Am going to forward to a nephew who studied film at Chapman U. Don't know if he knows who Huell Howser is. Kathy

4. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Thanks Joan …very entertaining.

5. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Joan thank you those links are amazing there is plenty of information there. :)

6. Steve Creek

Steve Creek Newbie

Those videos were great! Thanks for posting them here.

7. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I thought the group could relate to the scene where the inventor and his wife are sitting in their new trailer and the wife is complaining about people knocking at the door and windows because they want a tour.

Sound familiar to anyone?

8. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

YES! I was also struck in the historical one, how dressed up people were as they set up camp: shirts & ties, dresses, high heels!

Kathy

9. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Good old Huell, we'll miss him. I mean, this was the guy, the very guy, who came on the TV-this very TV right here in our living room-and told us all about our state. What a hoot he was. So sorry he's gone.

Garsh...

Sue and Jim

10. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I haven't watched the second video yet (trying to find time with Mick being outta town for the week on business), but your mention of them being dressed up for camping reminded me of pictures of my family I have recently come across. My great-grandmother and great-grandfather, out in the woods with other family and friends. A giant canvas awning type tent put up, with all sorts of things set up inside for the kitchen. The ladies are sitting in chairs in floor length dresses with hats and the men have on slacks and vests. The catch of the day is strung up like laundry, between 2 trees on a line. The old cars are parked around. My grandfather looked about 8 years old, so I would guess this would be in 1921-22. I love all types of history, but the history of camping the way we do is quite interesting. I was joking with a friend once that my ancestors were some of the original RVers. They came out in RVs pulled by oxen on the Oregon Trail. A route I would love to follow in my teardrop.

11. 1Door

1Door Novice

Everybody needs to re-watch this great show!!!
    Teardrops-Californias-Gold...

Makes the owner of a Camp Inn feel good!

12. DickandJudy

DickandJudy Newbie

This is wonderful, Joan - thanks for posting!

I've shared it with my parents - our teardrop brings back memories of childhood camping in an early pop-up. They're in their 80s, and great admirers of our CI!