Moving To Wisconsin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tour 931, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I sold my home in Washington and will be moving to Wisconsin soon. I am purchasing this home in Ogema. I made an offer and it was accepted. I should close in about a month.
    I am currently living in a class A motor home. It’s nice but it’s not my style. I can’t wait to get to Wisconsin so I can sell it and get back to my Raindrop.

Attached Files:

2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Nice@....pretty close to the nest too!!

Tour 931 likes this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Nicely done! Very picturesque. Hope it's got a nice warm fireplace -- that white stuff for some reason seems to only show up when its cold ;)

Tour 931 likes this.
  4. campdude

campdude Ranger

Nice looking home...it' s great area up there by Timm's hill.

What made you want to move here? You do know it gets cold here..lol

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Welcome to Wisconsin! Sure is pretty up in that area. Great camping, too!

Tour 931 likes this.
  6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Cold? I'll have you know it was -15°F (with no windchill) here this morning and so I added gloves and a fleece to my attire before leaving for work. Generally don't wear a coat in the winter (But do keep winter gear in the car all the time). We don't get really nasty cold here very often (i.e. -25°F and lower plus windchill), but it does happen. For school here, we have delayed starts (-20°F) or closures (-30°F). Craig likes to remind me that if school was cancelled every time the temps were -30°F or colder, he never would have graduated (He grew up in northern Minnesota). Then I remind him that people there are prepared for it and are use to dealing with those temps, know how to dress, what to have in their cars, when to stay home, and generally, how to take care of themselves. Not so much here because it doesn't get that cold for extended periods of time, so the safest thing is to call off school.

Haven't had to plug our car in at night here too often in the past 30 years, either. But, that is a daily occurrence in the north country...even hotels have places to plug in every few parking stalls.

Coldest I can remember was one Christmas day in northern MN. It was sunny with a clear, blue sky....with -80°F temp due to windchill (actual temps were somewhere in the -50°F range). Yes, coat, hat, boots & mittens were part of the attire that day. ;)

Tour 931 likes this.
  7. campdude

campdude Ranger

Betsey....Craig is probably old enough that he had the advantage of walking up hill both ways to keep him warm...lol

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Tour 931 and Sweeney like this.
  8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

You guys are talkin me to places with palm trees….

Although there in the summer, you can cook eggs on the roof of your campinn….

there’s your next option! Built in cast iron solar cook top!

Tour 931 and campdude like this.
  9. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

I heard from someone that when Craig was born, the Dead Sea was just starting to feel sick.

Tour 931, Sweeney and campdude like this.
  10. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Living in a class A? We thought about that -- We bought a Fleetwood bounder 2019 and spent 5 months getting it outfitted the way we wanted...getting communications figured out (nomad intenet, cell phone boosters, directional antennas) and were making our first extended trip while working from the rig.

Then at about the same time my aunt started with a dry cough that just wouldn't go away, the same symptoms as Eric Jacobs of you-tube fame started having the same symptoms...Our plans suddenly changed.

Gas prices started skyrocketing, I put a down payment on my CI, and i panicked and sold the class A. Fortunately, it was paid for and the market was red-hot, so I got out burnt but not incinerated.

Do you already own a Raindrop? You and I might need to start a support group for down sizers :D

campdude likes this.
  11. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I call it 'right sizing' :)

Tour 931 and campdude like this.
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Real estate in Washington was through the roof. I sold my home of 33 years and ran with the money. This home in Wisconsin is 18% of what I sold mine for. Plus I like living where there are 10 people per square mile compared with 1,200.

13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Yes I own 931.

Attached Files:

Sweeney likes this.
  14. campdude

campdude Ranger

Good for you and welcome to Wisconsin. I grew up here but my mother and older sister are in Vancouver WA. Nice to go and visit there but I certainly love this state.

15. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Well, then I am really old, because Craig is younger than me. ;)

Tour 931 and Ken & Peggy like this.
  16. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

LOL

Actually, most of his growing up, he went to a K-12 school and lived on the shores of the ancient glacial Lake Agissiz, so there were no hills! I, on the other hand, had hills both going and coming from elementary school. Jr high & high school were 10 miles away, so lots of hills, but no walking there! ;)

Tour 931 likes this.
  17. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Robbed the cradle did you?? ‍‍‍

Betsey and Tour 931 like this.
  18. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

LOL now that's some cast iron cookin' :):):)

19. campdude

campdude Ranger

More of rockin the aluminum cookware

Sweeney likes this.
  20. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Whats frightening to me, is I've seen it! Last gathering we went too, some one had one that looked exactly like a lodge except it was silvery and not black, and weighted about 2/3 less.

I ask them where they got it, they couldn't remember (Joke...get it?!)

Betsey likes this.