MISSING!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hilditch, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Over 300 CI owners are missing from this site!!!! Most of them have a lot of experience and knowledge they could share about their CI’s with new folks.

Yet no one at CI has found a little time to send out a mass (to all owners, not a select few) email to them to invite them to visit and join this site in the last 18 months, or even turn over an email list to Evan so he could invite them. It would take 10 minutes to write the invitation.

I no longer wonder why. Do you?

Hilditch

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Maybe they're busy building trailers...

3. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

301 anybody?

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Camp-Inn told me about the forum. Cary mentioned it in one of our conversations. It don't think they are keeping it a secret.

5. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Since it's called the UNOFFICIAL Camp Inn Forum they have no obligation to it. Any comments the CI owners make are totally voluntary. I have notified a Camp Inn owner that showed us theirs and they're not interested in joining...so that's 299.

6. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hilditch, you are a week early. Next Sunday is the anniversary of a post where you bemoan the same thing. Is this going to be an annual event? Same question as last year: boring weekend?

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Hilditch,

If you are aware of a CI owner who has not received the invitation email, please let me know so I can resend it to them. Several were returned as "undeliverable" as their email address had changed & we don't have a current one for them. Also, not all of our customers have or use computers. And not everyone on this forum owns a CI.

:cool:

8. Hilditch,

I don't think it's that secretative ... it's posted on their website under links.

http://tinycamper.com/links.htm

Most campinn owners read/browse their website to look at pictures, new accessories, etc...
    I certainly don't expect campinn to send out news flashes on every new item/media event.
    I think we are all adult enough to browse on our own.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Hmmm- You mean CI CARES?...Amazing!

10. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Old Hilditch, I think I've got your number now...

We all know you love to 'stir the pot' now and then, but it just hit me after reading this latest post - You're really a CampInn shill, aren't you? It all makes sense; you 'complain' about something and then just sit back and smile like the Cheshire Cat as person after person responds, telling how wrong you are and how happy they are with their CampInn's. Then, you, Cary, Craig, and probably Betsey, too, all laugh, knowing that business will just keep coming, mostly by referral from current owners.

And your recent 'tirade' about T-shirts? A clever ploy to make people think you care more about yourself than sharing your stories and pictures with others.

Very clever my man, very clever.

11. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

geesh, links, forums, Facebook.. shouldn't be too hard to find if one had a "Hanker'n to"

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Kids! If you don't stop this right now, your father is going to turn the car (and CI) around and we'll go home!

Now play nice....

Sue and Jim

13. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

D@#n Newbies!

Hilditch

14. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Don't cha know kids LIKE to fight?

15. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Gee thanks, Hilditch. You're such a warm and fuzzy guy. Succinct, too.

Yeah Bill, I know all about kids fighting. There were four of us at home and we fought, cried and laughed all the time. That's where the phrase came from; I was quoting mom. Heck, she even had dad pull over to the side of the road at the start of one trip. But of course we never turned around and went back home. Didn't stop her from threatening though (and didn't stop us from fighting).

Poor woman. She suffered so.........

Jim says he's glad our kids are grown up and out of the house so we don't have to put up with that ---- any more.

Of course, the grandchild is a handful.

And the beat goes on.

Jim and Sue

16. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Cross reference: Thread - “Of Course”

As CI refines their efforts to keep their customers like me happy, the better our attitude will be at show and tell time.

Better attitude = more sales = longer lead times = higher used value. As I get older the hatch gets heavier and without struts I’ll have to sell when I can’t open it for show & tell.

CI doesn’t pay me. They don’t even want to give me a lousy sweatshirt!

I think we deserve the d%#n sweatshirts. If engineers understood more about marketing motivation, CI would consider keeping me stocked with Molson.

Evan thinks it would help people understand my posts better if I expressed my love for CI and explained my reasons for b#^%hing. Well, I like ‘em and the better they do, the higher my resale value will be. (Then again, if they go out of business it may work like it did with a DeLorean.) My hope is that my ideas will strengthen CI and make them a better company from which I will reap rewards too, beyond a pin. Now the 10% that knew where I was coming from in the first place still do, 30% will miss-read this or not be able to understand it and the rest won’t care. All will forget, but Joan. Back to square one.

Hilditch, 1%er

17. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Ah the positive side coming out I knew it was in there some where.

Well done Evan.

18. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I for one find the constant griping irritating, irresponsible and just plain rude to people who have bent over backward in their customer service to not only their customers but wannabees.

I don't "show & tell" to get a T-shirt, money or anything but sheer joy out of showing off a superior product and bragging on the customer service.

It just makes me wonder what you're always so angry about.

19. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Well said Linda

However the world would be a boring place if we were all the same but the one thing we should all have in common is respect and politeness. Good manors cost nothing, bad attitude causes somebody somewhere grief.

Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.

20. JB

JB Novice

Somebody please give the 1%er a sweatshirt.