Met The Owners Of 550 #1025 Today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M&L, Oct 2, 2021.

1. M&L

M&L Ranger

Saw a nice looking 550 in West Wendover, Nevada today while getting some diesel fuel. I pointed and waved, and they swung around and said hi! Unfortunately, I can't remember their names, but I DO remember they had #1025. It was a bit rushed since I had someone waiting to get fuel right behind me...I should have proposed that we pull over to the side and chat for a bit, but hindsight is 20/20. My wife was in the backseat if our truck (she's nursing a fractured tibia at the moment, and the backseat works best for long drives)...she was just as excited as I was to see another Camp-Inn.

Anyway, if you see this, it was nice meeting you! This was our first sighting of another Camp-Inn in the wild. Pretty cool!

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  2. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Now that's really interesting. I have 1024 and will be overnighting in Ely, NV next week passing from Bishop, CA to Sun Valley Idaho. Leaving for Bishop in the morning.

Randy and M&L like this.
  3. M&L

M&L Ranger

JohnC, sounds like you're doing something similar to us. We actually made it to Idaho yesterday after our Camp-Inn sighting. Currently at Castle Rocks State Park, then we're heading up toward the Sawtooth Mountains to hopefully catch some fall color.

After we got here to Castle Rocks yesterday afternoon, we got buzzed by four U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptors. I saw some pretty amazing aircraft maneuvers in the Navy, but seeing those birds slice through the canyons right over City of Rocks was absolutely incredible. Idaho is off to a great start for this trip!

4. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Sounds awesome!

Mine is a fall colors trip as well. If you are heading to the Sawtooth area I'm guessing you will take highway 75? That will be a beautiful drive this time of year. The colors should be popping through there now. Take some time along the way to explore if you can. If you're anywhere around Sun Valley after next Wednesday, give me a holler.

5. M&L

M&L Ranger

Yup, 75, then 21 once we hit Stanley. Should be beautiful. Doesn't sound like our travel schedules will line up, but maybe we'll cross paths on a future trip. Have fun on yours!

6. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Thanks. If you have time you should make the drive east on 75 between Stanley and Challis. It’s a beautiful drive.

M&L likes this.
  7. campdude

campdude Ranger

I am taking mental notes for our trip...sounds like the Sawtooth, Stanley, Castle rock will be in our plans

M&L likes this.