CO National Park Mesa Verde National Park - Morefield Campground Review

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Jay & Valerie, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Camped overnight at Mesa Verde National Park this week. Ruins are pretty cool to check out. Anyway, did a review of the campground and park so others might know what to expect when camping there.

pat walsh and Jerry Kemp like this.
  2. Chuckwagon likes this.
  3. Jdmac_lb

Jdmac_lb Novice

We camped there 2019. It was great park. We had a great time. It probably helped that our daughter was a park ranger there at the time.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I'm torn between saying "eww" and makes sense. Many places in the world have very different toilets than we do here in the west. Parks like this are not used exclusively by Americans, and what we assume, likely would be confounding to a different cultural heritage. Its not dirty or intentional -- they just may not know.

I do know that Japanese thinking placing ones bum on a common seat is totally disgusting to them. I'm not sure I'd know how to "properly" use a public toilet in Japan. I suspect I'd be much like Sly Stallone had in the movie Demolition Man trying to figure out the three shells. (Oh, thats showing my age!)

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  5. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

I was in Korea a number of times. They have squatters too. I guess it puts you in better position for evacuating one's bowels (see Squatty Potty) but I never used one for that particular function.