Making List Of Potential Sites

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by LisaNKevin, Sep 4, 2020.

1. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

I subscribe to Campendium’s newsletters, read reviews on Allstays, and elsewhere to get ideas for camping trips down the road. My question is, has anyone found a system or a phone app that you can list promising campgrounds, sorted by state, and easily accessible? Maybe even a note or two. I don’t want to write it down in a book or on a legal pad. I’d rather find some way to keep a running list on my phone. Maybe an app that reviews campgrounds and allows you to favorite.

We just got done planning an October trip to GA, TN, AL and it would’ve been helpful and time saving to have a list of places I’d already thought were promising but never recorded as such.

Thanks in advance! Hopefully, we won’t run into too much person to person contact on our trip in October.

2. Peg

Peg Novice

I started an Excel spreadsheet years ago sorted by state. I send it to my iPhone before I leave on a trip.

LisaNKevin likes this.
  3. Rupert

Rupert Newbie

Joan turned me on to the Allstays iPhone app. It doesn't have a favoriting capability, but what I've been doing is taking screenshots of promising campsites on my phone, which lets me find them again later.

LisaNKevin likes this.
  4. LisaNKevin

What do you include? How many columns of information?
    Thank you!

5. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We have used campsitephotos.com to choose best sites at Campgrounds.

LisaNKevin likes this.
  6. Peg

Peg Novice

I included state, city, name of campground, hookups, no hookups, reservations, FCFS. It’s basic but I always check the campground reviews as well. My list only contains only campgrounds that I’ve read about in other campers blogs and I’ve added my own too.

LisaNKevin likes this.
  7. LisaNKevin

Thank you!