FOUND Looking-560 Ultra - Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by FauxPa, Feb 23, 2014.

1. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

New to teardropping but I'm hooked on the Camp-Inns. Seem to be pretty rare in this area. Willing to travel to find the right one, but not all the way to the west coast. Focused on used as the new ones are out of my budget. I'm impressed with the Camp-Inn community - you guys are great! I look forward to meeting many of you along the way. If anyone gets wind of something coming on the market please let me know asap. Highest Regards, -Dan

2. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Re: Looking for a 550 Ultra or Classic - Pittsburgh

... CRICKETS ! .... been watching the forum for nearly 3 months now and all I hear are CRICKETS! ... getting tired of seeing that big zero ("0") in the replies column of my post ... apparently no one's selling this year ... someone please reach out to me ... :)

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Keep watching! It seems that we see 2 or 3 trailers get listed in quick succession, and then nothing for a while. I'd guess that we're due...

4. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Thanks, Ken, for the inspiration ... good to know that someone saw my post ... stay warm out there in Chicago! (my son is in grad school at U of I Champagne-Urbana)

5. Ken & Peggy

OUR son is also in grad school in Champaign - their M.B.A. program...

6. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Nice ... small world ... my son is in the GSLIS (Graduate School of Library and Information Science) ... its a big place ... reminds me of the Penn State University Park campus, except its flat there - PSU is in the middle of the Appalachian chain.

7. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm sorry Dan if you felt ignored. I didn't have anything to add. Just keep checking and be sure to jump on it as soon as you see one because they seem to sell fast. Good Luck

8. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'll be interested to hear if you buy one, how long it took, etc. A friend of mine is thinking of buying a used one, though I am working on him/them to order new.

I know someone who had one for sale in Florida, but before I really knew it, she had sold it.

-Al

9. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm curious - do you require the furnace? do you require the AC?

10. Ken & Peggy

We spent a lot of time there, he did some of his undergrad there right out of high school. Very flat...

11. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Hi Pat ... thanks for the check-in ... was getting worried that no one had seen the post ... now I'm feeling much better. Thanks - Dan

12. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Al & Cat ... yeah ... I saw the one in FL on the list ... even called the lady & talked ... but she sold before I could arrange to go see it ... snooze/loose ya know ...

13. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

would like to have both, but not necessarily required ... lean more to the A/C as it would require greater after-market work if wanted to put it in later ... and, can adapt other solutions for the heat (if needed) - electric blankets, heavier sleeping bag, another log on the fire, etc. ... but, at this point it would depend on what becomes available ... buyer of used unit can't necessarily be real picky, ya know ... thanks for responding!

14. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

It seems to me that more trailers come up for sale in the fall after "camping season" is over. They don't last long if the price and condition are fair. I haven't seen many if any priced such that I would have bought used over new.

Good luck.

15. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

AsheWolf ... yeah - you're probably right - more offered after the season ... hope something pops up though ... and, you're probably right that because of the way they seem to hold their value, may be better off just going new anyway. Thanks

16. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

FauxPa,

Used units can have a lower price point, depending upon the years model. Order new takes 6 months, finding a used unit might take 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months.....

I have bought two used units. Be prepared to travel a great distance if seeking used units. Depending upon the distance, a new one may not be that much of a savings.

I can guarantee a used unit will be posted this year, but when can not be determined.

Jean

17. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

... too flat ... my son complains that its too hard to bike there as there's no place to coast ... no downhills ya know ... all flat

18. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Thanks Jean ... I'll solve this puzzle one way or another.

19. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Hi Bear ... would love to talk you out of your Classic! Please drop me a note (danfaux@comcast.net) with your e-mail address or call me at 412-352-1056 (your profile indicates you don't accept private messages thru the forum). I have a range in mind, depending of course on the features and condition. Sounds like you've got a few miles on that "Stagecoach", but I'm betting you've taken good care of it. I look forward to talking real soon! Highest Regards, Dan

20. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Excellent points Jean...

We traveled from Maryland to Arizona to purchase our used 550. The savings of buying used less the travel expenses to pick up the camper in AZ verses buying new and traveling to the Camp Inn factory were, for us, worth it.

It really boils down to the fact that we can justify anything we really want, yes? And as you say, be prepared to travel to get what you want when you want it... That's what we had to do.