Longest Trip Yet!

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Lynne & Scott, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

5,000 miles. When we get home tomorrow we will have enjoyed 5,000 miles, during a 16 day trip to New England to enjoy fall colors. We have had several weekend trips and week trips but this was the longest yet and much awaited. Wow, what a trip. We started in eastern SD -> MN -> Wi -> MI -> Sault st Marie Canada -> Montreal -> Acadia, Bar Harbor MA -> White Mountains, NH -> Route 100 Vermont -> Kancamangus Highway NH -> Maine Coast -> Provincetown Cape Cod MA -> NY -> PA -> IN -> MI -> IL -> IA -> SD.
    The best part? We didn’t book anything ahead of time (except a B&B in Provincetown MA to meet my sister). We got up each morning, decided where we would drive and by mid afternoon decided a campground that we would stay at for the night. It was PEAK colors so we thought it might be hard to find sites to camp at but because we prefer state and federal parks, this was not an issue. In fact there were some nights we were the only one in the park! The CampInn pulled beautifully and we looked forward to sleeping in it and using the galley every eve. My oh my do East Coasters LOVE these little tear drops, we had so many Folks who wanted a peek. We were happy to show and they were eager then to share the best seafood joints or scenic drives. This was a trip postponed from a year ago due to an accident involving our dog, Maxine. And that is the only disappointment we had on this trip, she was not there to explore with us. What fantastic colors, scenery, homes, food and people. Even with chilly fall evenings, it only took a few moments to kick in the heater and we stayed plenty warm. We are so excited to plan our next big trip with our CampInn. Thanks to Carey and the entire CampInn team for creating our home away from home!

Attached Files:

2. Bob & Carol

Bob & Carol Novice Donating Member

Nice trip ......great pictures.
    Surprisingly ....good strategy.
    Good for you !

3. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

It could have been a hot mess but it worked abs was really a laid back & pleasant way to follow the colors!

4. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

The foliage colors this year were the best we have had in many years. You timed it perfectly. A storm came through on Thursday the 17th with high winds and rain which knocked a lot off the trees. also knocked our power out for all of yesterday.

5. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Please private message me with your name/address so I can send your long-haul pin. Thanks, Kathy

6. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Awesome waiting for my camping companion to retire so we can do a to enjoy fall.