Last 2 trips of the season in September

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Jim Carter, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I will be heading to two Dutch Oven Gatherings (DOG) in September.

The first one will be the weekend of September 7-9 at Codorus State Park near Hanover, PA for the East Coast DOG.

The second will be at Ohiopyle State Park for a Demonstration DOG September 21-23.

Then it will be time to winterize the Flapping Flamingo.

2. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Yikes! Too soon! September - November is my favorite time to camp in the mid-Atlantic. September is still warm without the crazy crowds, October is great for leaf peeping and November is nice late fall without "freezing" weather. We did our last camping trip of 2017 in your neck of the woods at Pine Grove Furnace in early December. If you have an electric site, the camp inn is super cozy with a small ceramic heater. Maybe just do the RV antifreeze and keep the show on the road till the camp grounds start shutting down. For me, salt on the roads is my sign that it's time to put Tipitina in to hibernation for the winter.

3. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

It's all a time issue not a weather issue.

4. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Got it. Sometimes life will throw you a curve ball. Hopefully you'll be doing some fun things besides camping this fall.

5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Dutch ovens and teardrops are opposites yet they seem to go together.

I don't think I'll winterize as I can leave the trailer in the garage. But that does mean I can't go anywhere. Last January I did a trip down the Washington coast.