Kermit Chair

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Towbert, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Towbert

Towbert Novice

For those of you that are tired of luging around huge bulky chairs, plus finding a place to stow them - The Kermit Chair is for you! If Camp-Inn designed and manufactured a chair, this would be it. Handmade of varnished oak, aluminum, stainless steel, Cordura fabric & compact. Would fit easily in front storage, probably inside cabinet, possibly under the bed (packed size 4"x6"x22"). In my opinion the best match visually for our teardrops. Kermits are well known in BMW Motorcycle Touring groups, because they fit inside our saddlebags, plus they will embroider a name for you. Just Goggle Kermit Chair for specs., and full details. Also Kermit Chair Video's for a up close look.

Chuckwagon likes this.
  2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We have used Kermit Chairs for years. They started offering a cupholder several years ago that are handy. Recently saw that they are offering a Camping Table. Haven't seen it yet. I meet Kermit at a Motorcycle Rally many years ago. He was a talented guy.

3. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Where do you stow your Kermit Chairs? We don't pick up our 560 SUV Ultra until May.

4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed your previous question. We stow our Kermit chairs inside our 550 on the bed when traveling. I must confess, I have the camping sickness pretty bad and have almost a dozen chairs. What we take depends on the weather and location of our trip.

WanderingAimlessly and birder526 like this.
  5. Dean Pinter

Dean Pinter Novice

Camping sickness! I love it. That would explain why we have ten coolers. I always gotta have the latest model. Now I have to work on the chair collection. The Kermit chair looks like a nice sitting unit.

WanderingAimlessly and birder526 like this.
  6. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Why is the Kermit Chair so good? (other than easy storage)

7. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I've seen one; and checked it out. I was impressed by the quality. It's made of wood, steel (I think) and canvas. and well-designed for portability, yet still comfortable as a director-style chair. One of the other things that one COULD do with it; is you can optionally get leg extenders (I think that's the word for them); to make the chair sit higher aka, chair height. But... let's say you are at an outdoor concert; where quite often the concert venue is in bowl. where the band is below, and the audience is on a sloping hill. By NOT attaching the rear leg extensions, and only the front leg extensions; you will sit more or less level.

So quality, engineering, portability--it makes them a nice chair.

8. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Yes, we have the Leg Extensions (wife has double knee replacements) plus the Table. Store all in one of the under bed compartments ~ with room to spare. They were designed for motorcycle saddlebags!

9. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I was skeptical, but we have two kermit chairs and love them.

-Al

10. campator

campator Newbie

Not as comfortable as the Kermit chair, but I like the Kawartha Exo Nomad camping chair.
    It is small, light, easy to carry, fold and unfold, and yet very sturdy.

11. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

I discovered the Kermit chair in my motorcycling hobby. There's a company in Duluth, MN called Aerostich and I bought one there about 10 years ago. Perfect for motorcycling for its size and weight.