Announcement Just Ordered Raindrop

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Anne Jones, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Anne Jones

Anne Jones Newbie

Just ordered my 560 Ultra Raindrop. Cannot pick up so it's being stipped in November. May have to practice in the barn, setting up and "barn" camping. Looking forward to retirement and traveling. Live in the NW part of New Mexico so I have tons of places to see, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico. SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!.

2. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Congratulations!!!!
    I am jealous in TN.

3. Cal429

Cal429 Novice

Welcome, ziacamper!

Finally, more Camp-Inns in New Mexico! I won't bore you with my details (you can check out my initial Meet & Greet posting for that), but yours will now be at least the third 560 Ultra in New Mexico. A few months ago I couldn't locate any Camp-Inns there through this board. I picked mine up (#380) in Necedah three weeks ago and saw another ABQ-bound 560 Ultra there on the floor waiting to go out. Mine is currently with me at home in California, but will be returning through ABQ for Balloon Festival, and then on to New England for the remainder of October and first part of November. Then back to stay most of the time in my second home garage in Sandia Heights. My daughter and her family live in Rio Rancho, so they'll be using it from time to time, maybe even more than I will.

You're going to love yours, but of course, you already knew that.

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome, ziacamper! If you have any questions regarding options and accessories before your build gets going shout them out here - we'll be glad to give you ALL of our opinions. :)

Jim - let me know if you want your pin moved on the map.

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the site. I am a "wannabee" So I am jealous that you are on your way to get one. Steve is jealous that you are retired. Some day. Enjoy your wait right here with us. Then when you get it you can share your experiences.

6. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Congrats on your order. Did you order extra's?

7. Anne Jones

Anne Jones Newbie

Oh yea. Got the fan, sunroof, alcan cover, AC, larger battery in case I decide to go with the frig., bumper, SUV package, side tent and handicap in case I need to haul myself around, just about everything but TV.

8. Anne Jones

Anne Jones Newbie

Got most of the options, have a question however, where would you put the generator? Is there room in the front compartment, I had planned on getting a rack for the back for the generator and gas but if someone else has a better idea???? Thanks

9. Anne Jones

Anne Jones Newbie

Not quite retired yet, planning on Dec 2011 but wanted to "practice" in the Colo. mountains next summer.

10. Evan

I don't think you would want a generator in the front compartment - 1st of all, probably wouldn't fit, and 2nd, the fumes would be bad. Probably the rear hitch option with a storage box is the best idea if you don't have an open pickup-truck bed.

11. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Evan

Do you know what the weight limit is for the rear hitch if you have it installed and how it effects the trailers balance

12. Hey Barry & Annie ,

You should checkout:Gear & Equipment
    Thread:Generator

Info & Photos

L.M

13. Anne Jones

Anne Jones Newbie

Rear hitch has weight limit of 150 lbs generator I'm looking at weighs 46. I just didn't know if ir would fit in the front storage compartment or not.

14. Hi,

It will most likely " Not Fit" in the front storage compartment.

L.M.

15. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

You would need to add weight of a support structure and box plus security devices. I'm not sure I would want an expensive piece of kit on the back where I cant see it all the time so it would have to be in a secure box.

The trouble is this would prevent easy access at say a rest stop unless you get a swing away model and that is just to much weight to start with.

The Gennie looks pretty compact to me I would be tempted to find room in the car or the trailer.

16. Evan

In my opinion, 150 pounds of weight on the rear would help bring down the tongue weight on a 560. I'm pretty sure that when all our gear is loaded onto the bed, the tongue weight is way above the 150 lb max for my tow vehicle. I don't have anything attached to my rear bumper hitch, but I do try to put the heavy items at the foot of the bed, and the dutch ovens go on the galley counters in an effort to keep more weight towards the back.

17. Oysterpot

Evan,
    You have a weight problem???????? I really can't understand why. :D :D :D

18. Evan

Good think my new table leg extension from Hilditch only weighs 7 ounces. :)

19. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

What's YOUR tongue weight? Should you shift your load? Is it 10% of your wet/loaded weight?

[​IMG]

Hilditch

20. Oysterpot

What are you trying to do scare the heck out of Evan?