Update Just Got The Word -- Our Trailer Is Being Built!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by birder526, Dec 13, 2014.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

Craig sent our first photos of our teardrop being built! This trailer, K.T., will be our new full-time home! Are we excited?! You betcha! Can't believe it is happening!

2. MartiVltori

MartiVltori Novice

Congratulations! Very exciting.

3. klint74

klint74 Novice Donating Member

Congratulations! We just received our first pictures too. Sounds like our trailers will be nest mates. We have named our teardrop Spooner.

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

It is, Joe! Almost can't believe we are getting closer to our " newest life chapter"!
    Best regards to you! Thanks!

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

We must be nest mates! We are really thrilled to see progress. Makes it a reality! Congrats to you, too. Love the name Spooner! The "k" our K.T. is for "kanoodling", similar to your own trailer name! Hope this is not "tmi"!
    Best regards!

6. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Jeff and Sheila, Diane and Michael:

You will love the pictures and they won't seem to be posted fast enough. Our 560 is in the front row now and almost done. We have 2 550s and another 560 in the row with us. Anyone want to identify themselves? Just curious who you are and when you are picking up your TD. We were thinking of waiting until March, but if the weather is good when we get the final notice of completion, we just may get it sooner. Too hard to wait and know its just sitting waiting for us. After all, we can do some garage camping to practice and break her in!
    Gina

7. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Awesome for you ...Diane and Michael...when will it be completed? Ron and Missy

8. birder526

birder526 Novice

In one of our photos, a 560 is right next to the (our?) 550! I know that not all of the wood structure photos are ours, based on what Craig said about this part of construction only taking about a day. But, it would be nice to think your 560 is next to our 550!

If possible, we may move our April 1 pick-up date to mid-March. Will need to therefore move my retirement up, which has a certain appeal!!

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Ron and Missy!

Our trailer is set to be picked up April 1st, but based on how things transpire here regarding my retirement, we may see if we can move it up to mid-March. I wish it was tomorrow!!

10. bherbig

bherbig Novice

Fantastic news, I'm sure the photos will just make the wait a little harder in a good way!!!

11. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

It is so exciting to see those first pictures. I had a little extra time before I got my second set of pictures and the trailer looked nearly completed. It was very exciting to see a big change.
    Mine seems looks very lonely when I visit her out in the shop. I keep looking to make sure it isn't getting damp inside. I put a fan in there as the humidity was up to 80%. It is very damp around here in the winter.

12. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

We are picking up our 560 on Monday! We are on our way to Necedah now :)

13. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Congratulations! Maybe ours is right after yours?
    Good luck and safe travels.
    Gina

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Bruce and Jackie! We have been thinking of you! Yes, we are thrilled and the wait will indeed be harder now that we are seeing progress! Hope all is well with you! If you want, see the photos on my blog, birderdiane526.blogspot.com.
    "Teardropping in Paradise"!

15. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Congrats and enjoy the journey

16. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks so much! We look forward to the journey!

17. bherbig

bherbig Novice

Hi guys, looking forward to seeing more photos of your build. I do go to the blog every couple of days to see if there is anything new.
    We just got a card from a friend we plan to see in Oregon next May and she said "just think only 5 more months!" Doesn't sound like much time does it. :)

18. birder526

birder526 Novice

Five months will fly by! I plan on retirement by the end of February and that isn't too far away! As soon as I have more photos I will post them in the blog. Oh, the excitement of it all! Still planning on the dam gathering?

19. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

Hi Diane and Michael!

I am glad you have reached the point where Craig sent you the first pictures.
    I remember my reaction to my pictures was the first case of giggles since my wife passed away.
    I made a forum post about the legal "mood altering" experience.

I realized my inner engineer showed through when I looked at the wall panel standing behind
    your frame in the first picture posted at http:/birderdiane526.blogs and immediately thought
    "oh a 560". The third picture confirms K.T.'s nest-mate is a 560 Raindrop.

"Happy Trails to you,... until we meet again." ;)
    and Happy Holidays.

20. bherbig

bherbig Novice

The dam gathering is high on our list and we will plan to be there even if we have to forgo other stops temporarily. :)