Side Tent Joan’s Bling Poles Tm

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by slumry, Jun 20, 2012.

1. slumry

slumry Novice

For anyone who wants to “pimp” their side tent, I highly recommend the Joan bling poles. After coveting them at Mossyrock, I knew I had to have them. They are not cheap but they will last for generations to be handed down as valuable heirlooms. These are the very superior digital tarp poles made by Kelty. They appear to glow in the dark and are maybe radioactive. They certainly will make a fashion statement that will have your fellow campers in awe. They are a larger diameter than the standard issue poles, but they will not rust, bend or otherwise fail to keep your tent up. The analog poles provided with the tent will rust if in the proximity of water, something not too uncommon to find in the in the NW. Remember discrete digital pole extensions are far better than those analog pole types.

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Any clear cut photos out there?

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. slumry

slumry Novice

I don't have any detailed photos. Here is picture of Joan's at the NW gathering

[​IMG]

Check Amazon, look under Kelty Tarp or adjustable poles. As I said they are not cheap but they are very well made, are very strong and fold down a lot smaller than the poles that come with the tent. They are a pleasure to hold and work with. They will also come in handy if all that is needed is to pitch a tarp or practice your javelin throw for the Olympics. They only downside is that they are not infinity adjustable, but I have not had any problem finding an adjustment that works.