Jerry and Tina's top shelves

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by pat walsh, Jun 4, 2010.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

[​IMG]
    Left Side

[​IMG]
    Right Side

2. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

We like!!!

3. abccampinn

abccampinn Novice

I Like your top shelves! Very Nice!
    Charlie

4. DonSue

DonSue Novice

I would be very interested in some construction details and maybe a few more pictures?

What material did you use for the dividers and how do the dividers connect to each other and to the teardrop?

Any advice to someone else about things to consider?

Very nice looking!

Don

5. 1/2" and 1/4" Aspen wood was used. The dividers have groves allowing them to slide in and out, thus making them re-arangable. Before building decide on what you want where and work the dividers accordingly. One has to take into consideration of the angles and slopes with closing the hatch. I like to have my spices up front for cooking, thus the spice colunm in the front on the the left side. Will post more pics later.

6. Beautiful work! We just completed one side of our kitchen in a similar method. ((Photos will follow when we get it all done.)) Did you do any sort of padding in the dividers?

7. no padding, just used the non - slip shelf liner. (slip resistant) That way it can be changed out from year to year if needed.

8. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Jerry and Tina,
    I wish I had looked closer at how you made the shelf dividers when we were at the campout but I was a little overwelmed with ideas and they did not all stick. Here is my bigest question: are they attached or are they removeable? Thanks, Pat

9. Pat,

They are removeable, thus you can rearrange as you like. We will be at CampInn-CampOutt this fall again or better yet join us at Tears by the River in Nelson Dewey State Park in Cassville in September. Then you can look closer at them.

Posted some more pictures for you.

10. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Our problem is we both work for a school mid August and early September are very busy time - but maybe. Pat