FOUND Iso 550 Near Utah

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Corey Price, May 24, 2022.

1. Corey Price

Corey Price Newbie

I am Searching for a Camp Inn 550 with air and heat within a days drive of S.L.C, Utah if anyone is getting ready to list one please let me know. I will consider a 560 as well if someone is listing one.
    Thank you
    Corey Price (801) 922-0807 text is best but leave a message if you call and I will return the message as soon as possible.

2. Long Truong

Long Truong Junior Ranger

Kevin likes this.
  3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

That is an interesting find you have there Long. My suspicion radar is going off on this one. As a note, a good share of Camp-Inns that are found on Craigslist, Ebay or RV Trader are scams for some reason. Lots of red flags on this one.

Right off I noticed something interesting on the camper. It lacks upper porch lights. There are only three 560s like that. One is the prototype that is owned by a friend of ours locally. The other two went to customers, one in GA and one in MS. Both of those campers have been sold to other owners since and are still listed as being in their original states. Notice the license plate in the picture is a MS plate. Pretty sure it is the one that we still show located in MS because the options line up. The Craiglist listing is in San Diego CA? Perhaps the recent MS owner sold it recently to someone in CA and that owner is reselling it in a short time frame. Could be because they are trying to pull it with a Prius? LOL! Still is throwing a big red flag to me.

The options listed are not correct. They list it as having air conditioning and a heater. This camper does not have a furnace option, that can be seen in the pictures. Perhaps they mean they are including a electric space heater with the camper.

Also, the list of features listed are for a newer model and do not match the features this vintage has. Things like these are listed in the listing but not present on this vintage;
    LP/City water hookup (though it does look like some sort of basic city water has been retrofit)
    Hook-up hoses
    Locking utility door
    Water tank monitor
    Sprayer hose
    Porch light
    LED taillights
    Beverage holders
    Fire extinguisher
    Upper cabinet w/doors
    Teardrop shape hinges

The price seems a bit high to me for a 2005 vintage 560 like this one.

I have to caution again, anyone who calls on this camper make sure to get the VIN from the seller first and contact Camp-Inn for verification.

Cary

Tour 931, Kevin, M&L and 1 other person like this.
  4. Corey Price

Corey Price Newbie

5. Corey Price

Corey Price Newbie

Thank you! This is one of my concerns buying out of state where its difficult to see before making a trip. I appreciate the helpful info you shared here.

Long Truong likes this.
  6. Long Truong

Cary coming in to save the day from my bad advice! Sorry guys

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Great observation Cary....Craiglist reminds me of Mos Eisley. I've never had a good feeling about that site.

One last red flag....The photos used came from this forum:

SOLD - 2005 Camp-inn 560 Ultra

M&L and Long Truong like this.
  8. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

Good catch, Sweeney. All of the text came from that ad too.

Long Truong likes this.
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Scamming --- good money in it I hear.

Cary did the heavy lifting. Ol' eagle eye there catching the missing upper lights and license plate.

I just ran the photos in the add through images.google.com --- a feature a lot of people don' t know about. Go to images.google.com and in the 'search bar' look for the little camera. You can upload an image or provide a URL to an image and google will find similar or identical images....took me straight back to the forum.

When you're reading product reviews by "real" customers --- its amazing how many of those real life are real stock photos.

Kevin and Long Truong like this.
  10. Cary Winch

Sweeney,

This could be real then based on your find. The customer who posted it for sale on the forum is the second owner in MS so it is very possible this camper did get hauled out to CA now. This makes this much more legit looking. Though as you pointed out the classic online camper scam is to pirate pictures and listing info from some other site.

This is a good time to point out part of the cause for alarm. This camper has been sold and the current owner has not contacted the factory and provided us new owner info for it. So, our records still show this camper located in MS and the pin on our map is still located there. It is hard for us to verify the authenticity of a camper that a person is selling if that person has not updated us on ownership. All we can say is "who the heck is this guy?". So, the reminder is if you have bought a Camp-Inn second hand and have not emailed Camp-Inn your name, address, phone number and serial number of your camper make a point to do that some time.

Cary

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Kevin and Long Truong like this.
  11. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

I found my 500 Special on Craigslist. The price was so low I thought it was stolen or a scam. Contacted Cary about it and found it was not stolen or a scam. Drove from Florida to St. Louis pronto as the PO needed $ fast for something. My point is there are some CL deals to be had and I lucked out.

Long Truong likes this.
  12. campdude

campdude Ranger

The guys name is Conner Smith and he said he inherited it from his father Chris. I asked for a picture of the camper number and vin tag. We'll see if he has access to it. His phone number is (619) 776-4320.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Long Truong likes this.
  13. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I don't think so --- the post I found was from 2018. If this was posted here at the same time...maybe. But this is years old. I still suspect something is rotten in Denmark.

14. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

This is another reason I bought a CI. With it I get Cary’s expertise and this family.

Long Truong likes this.
  15. Long Truong

Extremely curious if this guy is legit, let us know when you find out.

16. Cary Winch

Interesting! I do know who Connor is and did know his dad before he passed away. That aspect of the story sounds legit. However, the camper in the pictures is most definitely not that camper. As Sweeney pointed out the pictures were cut and pasted from the 2018 post for the MS camper that was for sale.

I would say this falls in the catagory of how NOT to post a for sale ad. o_O

Cary

Ken & Peggy, Sweeney and campdude like this.
  17. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

Wow, what a mess

18. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Especially because if it were posted here, it would be much more credible, and probably sold faster because people who know what they are looking at/for.

Asking for photos not in the collectoin of pictures here in the forum...good idea. At least show it is actaully in his posession. If he can't provide them, then we're back to doubting the authenticity of the ad.

Either way...have a vin check run by a local police before a penny changes hands....the police will do that for free here in Indiana....if it is stolen you'll at least know if there is a report of it...

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  19. campdude

campdude Ranger

So it is #0376 (Conner sent a picture), it was sold to Rex Wells around 2010 and his dad inherited it from him that year. His dad Chris passed in 2016 and he has had it since. Let's see if that makes sense to Cary.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  20. Long Truong

Assuming this information checks out, this guy is either legit or this is the most elaborate scam of all time.

campdude likes this.