Itinerary International Teardrop Gathering 4 (itg4)

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Betsey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

4th International Teardrop Gathering (ITG4)

June 16-19, 2011
    Pioneer Village - Minden, NE

More info to come...check the gathering website for updates:

4th International Teardrop Gathering

The ITG is held every two years. Attendance has been anywhere from 80-120 teardrops. The campground is next to Pioneer Village Museum.

Pioneer Village Website

Part of the ITG experience is spending time at Pioneer Village. The following is info on the Village:

"The Pioneer Village complex comprises 28 buildings on 20 acres housing over 50,000 irreplaceable items of historical value, restored to operating order, arranged in groups and also in the chronological order of their development.

There are 12 historic buildings around the circular "green". There's a Frontier Fort, a real honest-to-goodness Pony Express Station, an Iron Horse, and a home made of sod. There's a general store and a toy store, chock full of all the goods from yesteryear. An original art collection including 25 Currier and Ives prints, 23 Jackson paintings, and the largest single collection of Rogers statues.

You can ride a priceless steam carousel, see 17 historic flying machines and marvel at 100 antique tractors. See the world's oldest Buick, a 1902 Cadillac and a 1903 Ford, both designed by Henry Ford, plus 350 other antique cars, all displayed in their order of development."

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

If anyone is interested in ITG4 & has questions, just ask. I have been on the ITG committee for all 4 of them.

Also, our very own Darrel (of Darrel&Joanne), from Omaha, will be presenting the DO workshop. I believe this is his 2nd time as the DO Dude! :D

Also, Craig & I will once again be hosting the ice cream social...bring your bowl, spoon...we provided the 8 gallon hand cranked ice cream maker & the ingredients...you provide the muscle to turn it into the creamy confection. Yum! :)

We would love to have you join us! :)

:cool:

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Just wanting to bump this up a bit...it is coming up fast...next week, to be exact! :D

Hope to see some fellow Camp-Inn(ers) at the ITG!

Betsey :cool:

4. DonSue

DonSue Novice

Betsey,

Sue and I (Ultra 550 #357) are planning on being in Minden next weekend but may not be able to be there the whole time because of the press of some work back home (we only live a couple of hours away).

Can you give us some idea of what the schedule of "events" might be during ITG4 to help in doing some planning? For instance, when will the DO workshop be? We would like to see that. How about the ice cream social? Will there be any other workshops or events? Is there a more-or-less communal meal? When would that be and how does that work?

Besides the teardrops we have seen at the nest in Necedah we have never seen another teardrop. Should be interesting.

Don

5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Don & Sue,

Thursday
    Check in at the ITG registration office, then get your campground site

8:30am
    DO seminar by our very own Darrel & Joanne! If you can't make it for this, not a problem, as Darrel, myself & several others will be available throughout the weekend to answer questions or give help.

6:00pm
    DO Potluck - there will be a sign up board so you can see what others are bringing & add your name to the list. Although this is a DO potluck, you are welcome to bring any type of dish, DO or otherwise.

Saturday

Citywide Garage Sales

11:00am ~ 2:00pm - Door Prize Preview
    View the selection, drop your tickets and cross your fingers!

1:00pm - Homemade Ice Cream Social
    Bring your muscles, bowls & spoons! Help us crank the ice cream & take your turn at the 8 gallon freezer.

3:00pm - Door Prize Distribution
    Come see what you might have won!!!

3:00pm - Deadline for voting for teardrop awards
    Last call for ballots! Vote for: Campers Choice, Brightest Idea and Best Teardrop Spirit.

5:30pm - Potluck Dinner/Awards

Sunday

Nothing scheduled - visit, sightsee, pack up & head home.

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We are beautiful, the weather is here....

Weather is here, wish you were beautiful...

One more time...We made it! The weather is fantastic! Wish you were all able to join us!

The Camp-Inns are rolling in as I type & far outnumber the other teardrops...well, okay, there are only 7 tears here so far, 4 of which are CIs, but really, details, details....

I will be in the registration room tomorrow smiling & welcoming everyone...and I get to tell them where to go!

To set up, I mean...really, what were you thinking?????

Time to go & do a bit of visiting with some old friends...and some OLD friends, too... ;)

:cool:

7. mewton

mewton Novice

I wish I'd been able to make this, I remember my dad bringing my brothers and I to pioneer village when we were kids. Next time schedule this the weekend of Nebraska's first football game and I'll be sure to show up! (I'll just go missing on Saturday, hee hee)

Have fun!