In Search Of Fall Color In The High Sierras

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Randy, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Campgrounds included Red Rock Canyon State Park, Oh Ridge and Lake Sabrina.

2. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

That's really awesome Randy! Did you make the video? I've been making Eastern Sierra fall color trips for many years. The beauty there is amazing! Way too many people don't realize the beautiful fall colors in the golden state. When were you there and how long for? I didn't make it this year.

3. Randy

Thanks John, I did make the video. I was there two weeks ago for 8 nights. It was amazing. So much to explore up there. Just scratched the surface, looking forward to many more excursions.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Kevin likes this.
  4. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

That’s a really well made video. You should do more of them.

I really love the Eastern Sierra. You’re right about there being so much to explore there. I’m sorry I missed it this year but I’ve been trying to find fall colors in other locations as well. I’ve now, also been to Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming for colors. Unfortunately it’s hard to be everywhere in such a short window of time. I’m already trying to plan for next fall.

Kevin and Randy like this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Great video. Thanks for making it.

Kevin and Randy like this.
  6. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

You successfully captured the things that Camp-Inn dreams are made of. :)
    Thanks!!

Kevin, Tour 931 and Randy like this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Wow --- I've got to kick up my game on location scouting! What an amazing photo album.

Randy and Tour 931 like this.
  8. Randy

Thanks for looking and for the kind words everyone. It was a very healing journey as it was the one year anniversary of losing my camping partner, Rika the Vizsla dog. She loved our trips together and the camper was her safe place. We did some garage camping and slept in the camper one last time shortly before she passed. Her tag adorns the back wall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken & Peggy, Tour 931 and JohnC like this.
  9. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

I'm sorry to hear about your best friend, Randy. May s/he RIP.

Randy likes this.