I need help identifying an old skillet

Discussion in 'Camp Cooking & Dutch Ovens' started by Ken & Peggy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I just picked up a skillet in a resale shop in Wisconsin. It's a double pour, 8 3/16 - 1/4" marked '5 SK Made in USA D' . I haven't had much luck with Google searches - some places seem to suggest it's an old Lodge, but there's nothing on it saying Lodge, or even a logo. Anybody have an idea?

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Ken, This post showed up on my email, and I replied, but I will reply here as well in case anyone else might have a question about their Cast Iron.

www.wag-society.org

The folks there are pretty knowleded on the cast iron.

Give them photos of the whole pan, close up of the markings, and include handle in one of them.

I hope this helps ya out

George

3. Ken & Peggy

Thanks George. I had signed up on their forums about 2 years ago, but when I went there originally yesterday looking for help, my login no longer worked. I re-registered, but now it looks like you've got to pay to get into many areas of the forums. Does that sound right to you? I don't remember being blocked from ANY part of their site before...

4. Oysterpot

I will look in to it.

5. Oysterpot

Ken just went to site, didn't log in, it may be an auto login.

On left side is the list of areas to go to. Drop down to the "contact us" and send them an email with your description and photos. They will respond. I see they have a disclaimer at the top of their log in page, listing several email services they won;t recognise. So I will be in trouble when I close down my current provider. Haven't made a total switch yet.

6. Ken & Peggy

George,
    I just got an email from their moderator and everything's working as it should now. Thanks.

Here's a shot of the skillet:
    [​IMG]