Hypervent Vs Froli

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by hiadventurer, Sep 19, 2020.

1. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

I have read several post regarding the Hypervent vs the Froli. We currently have the standard mattress, a with a two inch memory foam topper. We love the setup, but like many are experiencing moisture between mattress and floor of camper this only occurs on our extended outtings.

It sounds as if either of the above options will solve this. We don't want
    to change our current setup if we don't have to, my first question with respect to hypervent, does it completely solve the moisture issue and second, is how does it affect making the bed, does it slide around? I don't really want to further complicate making the bed.

The only downsides, in our case, I see to the Froli is the the fact that it may raise the bed high enough to affect the height of the foot box, and really don't want to remove our memory foam topper.

Would appreciate any input from those of you that have experience with one or both systems...Thanks R
    P.S. Neither system effect my wife she is 5' 1"..so not only does she have small feet, but her feet don't reach the foot box area!!

Kevin likes this.
  2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I started with hypervent and 2 inch topper then installed the Froli and got rid of the topper. The footbed height was about the same. The Froli with a topper may be too high but I think that you will find with the Froli that you will no longer need the topper. It’s as comfortable as my bed at home. No moisture problems with the Froli, plenty of air circulation.

My opinion only!

Randy

Kevin and LisaNKevin like this.
  3. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

My opinion, I had hypervent for two years, froli now for 3 I think. Froli, froli, froli. It's sssooo much more comfortable.

Both are good for condensation, because both allow for air flow.

Just my opinion of course. If you call the froli company and give them the size, they'll sell you exactly how many you need.

Kevin and LisaNKevin like this.
  4. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

We never had the hypervent, so can't speak to its comfort level, but we have had the Froli for the past couple years, and enjoy the added comfort.
    I left the Froli off of the last 6 -12 inches of the foot well area to give my size 12 feet as much toe room as possible, and also trimmed about an inch or so off the foot end of the foam mattress on my side since I like hanging my toes over the edge of the mattress when I sleep on my stomach, and as it comes from the factory the mattress fits tight up against the foot end wall. You don't really notice the lack of the Froli way down there as far as comfort, but you do notice that there is still good toe room without it being there. So that is an option if you are worried about losing some of that valuable foot space.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Kevin and AdamFWTX like this.
  5. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We had both the hypervent and Froli. We think Froli did a much better job with condensation control. We kept our topper with the Froli and had plenty of room for our feet. (Size 9). There is a YouTube video which mentions a discount code for the Froli. They honored it for us.

6. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

We bought Ravenwolf from Amazon. $100 shipped. Works great.

7. Steve Sanford

Steve Sanford Novice

We are happy with Froli. We also put it under the couch cushion so it is at the same level as the mattress when it is flat. I think it makes the couch much more comfortable when sitting thru a 2 hour movie. My toes do touch the bottom of the cabinets when I am on my back but I am a side sleeper so it has not been a problem. If it was an issue, I could move my head to the couch but that is where the dog sleeps.

8. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I have Hypervent but found we needed additional cushion in the form of a closed cell camp pad between the Hypervent and the mattress. It does not slide around. No apparent moisture.
    I am thinking of switching to the Froli but haven't gotten around to it.

9. We've just spent 2 nights so far with our Froli but so far it has been good for getting a good night's sleep. We have a memory foam topper and I don't have any problems with room for my feet. I'm 6 feet tall. We've never had any moisture problems and that includes our 2 Long Hauls. Probably 75% of our trips we've had 3 people and 2 dogs too. Hip pain waking me up was what led us to the Froli.

10. Jeff & Connie

Jeff & Connie Newbie

What is the ballpark price for the Froli? From what I found, it looked like a thousand bucks!?

11. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Wow, don’t know what site you are looking at. I ordered from here. Froli STAR And then I suggest contacting first before ordering, you don’t need all the elements of a standard “kit”, give the dimensions of the bed, and they’ll help you customize to just what you need.

I have the ‘star’, but they have other heights there too.

12. Jeff & Connie

Jeff & Connie Newbie

Thanks, you saved me a lot of head scratching.

13. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I went with the Froli Star. They recommended a Double Bed Package + 12 Pack Expansion which was perfect. Used every piece and didn't have any left over. 108 pieces total.

The cost shipped was $361. I believe there are now 15 ~ 20% promo codes out there.

Randy

Kevin likes this.
  14. Steve Sanford

Steve Sanford Novice

I ordered the queen and was one short of doing the bed and couch. I left the middle piece out of the last row at the foot - we will never notice it missing. I also called and had them double the softer pieces for shoulder and hips. They are willing to make sure you get what you want and they said I could send back any I did not use.

15. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

There is a bit of a price range depending on which Froli system you decide you want to install. The least expensive system would be under $200 but isn't shown on their website. Then you can spend closer to $500 for their most expensive system.
    The least expensive is called the Froli Modular Spring Mat which was designed more as OEM equipment to be installed by RV manufactures. It comes in two firmness levels, and works well, but doesn't have the firmness adjustment ability of their other system. If you are interested in that system you will need to call them for current pricing, since the website doesn't show it. We spent about $170 when we installed it in ours in 2018, but we left it out of the end of the foot-well area to preserve as much toe room as possible. If you added that area it would be about $200.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  16. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

There is a discount coupon for Froli on YouTube. We saved $30 plus dollars with it.

17. sarmay

sarmay Junior Ranger

I have the froli + a topper and a quilted waterproof mattress pad on top of that. It's as comfortable as my bed at home. I don't sleep with my feet under the shortest part of the footbed.

Kevin likes this.
  18. hiadventurer

Just ordered the FROLI (Traveler), same price as Star, same except more firm when spaced closer together and Queen fits when spaced close. Also has the red stars to increase firmness, which we prefer. Price was $321, that's with 15% off and free shipping. Will follow-up after install...Thanks to all.who responded to my questions...R

19. hiadventurer

FROLI boxes arrived this week and installed yesterday. Took about two hours. Perfect with exception of some slight trimming at head. Installed at most firm setting for upper 2/3rd then spaced for less firmness lower 1/3rd. With FROLI, CI mattress, and topper have about 6" clearance in footwell which will work out o.k. Anxious to spend a night on it. Only thing I might do is put a few screws to prevent it from sliding when we make the bed..R

Van_and_Terri and Jenn like this.
  20. Jeff & Connie

Jeff & Connie Newbie

Considering Froli with a trifold mattress. Concerns?