Howdie From South Texas

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by TandP, Jul 19, 2016.

1. TandP

TandP Newbie

Tom and Pat picked up their 560 Ultra on June 20, 2016. We spent 2 nights in the camper and two nights with relatives on the 1400 mile trip back to San Antonio. One week later we spent three days at Garner State Park, Texas with family members and their yearly trek to the Frio River. Just like the t-shirts in the showroom at Camp-Inn, we heard about half of the sayings on our two trips. We are looking forward to several planned trips this fall.
    TandP out

Tom & Diana P, birder526 and Jenn like this.
  2. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats Tom and Pat!!! We are picking ours up if a few weeks!

What did you need to add to your packing list after your first two trips that you had not planned for?

3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

4. TandP

TandP Newbie

Pat and I have all the gear for tent camping. We packed all of our stuff in a 2014 GMC 1/2 ton PU and headed for Necedah. It was more about marking items not needed. The two nights out on the way back were used for finding places in the TD to store items. The trip to Garner State Park helped us define how to set up camp. We decided with the hot Texas sun during the summer to use one of our two canopies to cover the TD and the other for cover over the galley. Pat had built side curtains for the canopy used over the TD and we used that for privacy on my side. Pat's side has the entry tent that works well for changing and the port-a- potty.

Reading other posts we learned that many folks carry items in the TD. Since we use a pickup for a tow vehicle, it carries the items that do not fit in the storage compartment. We decided not to use the cabin for hauling items.

TandP out.

Jenn likes this.
  5. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats!!!! Doug and Ambr here, we did the same thing. We picked up our 560 Ultra from Necedah and camped on the way home to The Woodlands. The next weekend we camp d at Pedernales Falls State Park. It's now parked in the garage as it's much too hot for camping in TX. Our next trip is Goliad State Park in Sept.

We have our 2nd annual Texas Teardrop Roundup at Inks Lake State Park in April 2017. Put a place holder in your calendar and join us. There are about 6 Camp-Inn planning on attending.

6. Congrats and enjoy!

7. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi! Did you set the April dates yet for the round-up? We may still be in TX in early to mid April!

8. Doug & Amber

Hi Diane and Michael!

No dates set yet, we all decided since it was so warm last May at Pedernales that April would be a better month. I'll send a note out to the TX group asking about dates. We'll try for late March or early April.

9. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Congratulations on your new 560, Tom & Pat! Wishing you many happy adventures with her! My husband & I are both 100% born & raised, lifetime Texans, but just made our first trip to Garner State Park in May (after attending the 1st Texas Roundup @ Pedernales Falls SP). We wound up only getting to explore for one good day (due to death in the family we had to leave early) but we loved Garner & the surrounding area we did get to see......and the Frio River is awesome! Sometimes I just almost wish Texas wasn't so big, so that great places like that weren't 7 hours drive away! :)

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  10. Mike

Mike Newbie

Hi there, I'm Mike. Am looking to join the Campinn family and was hoping I might be able to see a 560 locally before ordering one. Would you willing to let me take a look at yours?

Mike

11. Doug & Amber

Mike, you won't be disappointed with the quality and construction of the Camp-Inn.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016