Alcan Cover How About The Alcan Cover?

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Trippster, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Any comments good or bad about the Alcan cover? Is it prone to increase corrosion with extended use in rain?
    What say all?
    Thanks!
    Ken in Louisville

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

The Alcan cover is what covers the front storage box, protecting it from stones, etc. as you travel.

The storage cover is what covers the entire teardrop when it is being stored, either inside or out.

:cool:

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Ken,
    I just added the Alcan cover this summer after a trip to New Mexico and Colorado. I never pulled the trailer while off of the main roads - no dirt or gravel - but still wound up with some dings. After driving with the Alcan cover during a rain, it's a good idea to unhook the under-camper bungee's to allow for good air drying.

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Thanks, Betsey - I was talking about the wrong thing. We do have the Alcan cover and recommend it. There is some corrosion behind it from water, so another reason to do the woody wax.

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

We added the alcan cover last year - just seemed like a good idea to protect from dings. We like it.

6. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Please keep in mind our original milled finish is history due to staining before I discovered Woody Wax.

Here are a couple of pics after going 25,000 miles braless. I hate bras. We have done minimal gravel roads with decent mud flaps.

If those that have an Alcon cover used for a few thousand miles will kindly remove it and post a pic that should tell the story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hilditch, 1%er

7. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Seems to me the Alcan's main purpose is to limit/eliminate road damage. Puncture holes create larger care and maintenance issues due to water damage then covering up stains with an Alcan.

Each person makes their own decisions.

As for me, I am more interested in preventing holes, then polishing.

Jean