Hi-Lo Mirror Hilo Mirror

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Evan, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

We just received our HiLo Mirror from Camp-Inn. I'm actually the one who wanted this (not Lena) because I got tired of kneeling in the gravel at the side view mirror of my car to shave.

[​IMG]

The mirror is actually meant to be mounted one rib lower, but my speaker would have been in the way. Also, Lena and I are both taller than Craig, so the higher location works better for us anyways. If we end up on unlevel ground with the trailer jacked way up, the mirror can be flipped down from the bottom end since it is doublesided - hence the name HiLo mirror.

[​IMG]

TIP:
    It's tough to mark the snap screw locations by eye or with a pencil. Instead, snap the two halves of the snap together, and press the point of the snap into the wood to mark the its position. Then separate the snap, and screw the back half in with a #2 Phillips - very easy!
    [​IMG]

2. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

shaving is not allowed on my camping trips

:)

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I hear that! Most of my trips are a week or less, shave at home and then if and when my wife and I go on a date. Never when camping.

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Oh NO! Can't put SIX more holes in the teardrop.

And, according to a nurse I'm married to, there should be no personal grooming in the kitchen area.

When needed, here's our setup:
    [​IMG]

And when not in use:
    [​IMG]

5. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

As the cook, I second the nurse. It's hard enough to keep eye lashes and hairs out of the food - who needs beard stubble and powder blowing around the galley?

We too have a folding stand up mirror like above that we use on the end of the cooler outside the galley area. Almost all of CI's ideas have been great.

Hilditch, 1%er