Hi from Asheville NC

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Monica, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Monica

Monica Novice

I am purchasing a 550 and will be picking her up in just a couple weeks. This is my first 'camper' . (I have found my bones don't care to tent camp anymore.) My large family all camp - we love the outdoors. Lot's of fun plans are brewing. I have "lurked" for many months and appreciate everyone's sharing. You have helped me tremendously in my decision making process. I hope to return the service as I become experienced.

2. Monica

Monica Novice

Thanks Jenn. I love reading your posts.

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Hi Monica, and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new trailer, too.

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Monica welcome & good luck on your purchase of a 550 your going to love it.Steve :)

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Monica Welcome and it will be fun to hear of your travels. How are you going to keep your "big family" from taking it over?

6. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Hi Monica,

Welcome and congratulations! We're new 550 owners too. We're on the border of NC and VA… we might have to start thinking about a Southeastern or Eastern Camp Inn - Camp Out for 2013.

7. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

We're on the border of NC and VA… we might have to start thinking about a Southeastern or Eastern Camp Inn - Camp Out for 2013.[/quote]

Great idea aj & michelle! As our numbers are growing in VA and NC, we should definitely think about a gathering. I just wonder if we could get Evan & Lena to come and organize it for us!!!

8. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Welcome to the Camp-Inn community. We took ownership (or were taken, I guess) in September, 2011 and took it on a 7500 mile tour of the country. Loved it. We hope to hit North Carolina on our "Big Trip 2012" in the fall, so maybe we'll be able to connect. Enjoy the process; the anticipation and planning is part of the fun.

Kathy

9. Monica

Monica Novice

Thank you all for the sweet welcome!

Monica

10. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

If you are interested in a teardrop gathering, Tearjerkers has active chapters in both Virginia (Old Dominion Chapter) & N./S. Carolina (Southern Appalachian Chapter) & both usually have a variety of gatherings each year. I know Old Dominion has a gathering coming up in April at Virginia Beach.

:cool:

11. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks Betsey! I guess we should check it out, since VB is right in our backyard! Our state park campgrounds just opened today, and we are definitely feeling the itch to pack up and go!

12. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Welcome to the forum!

13. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

I've been watching for the East Coast National Gathering on the Tear Jerkers site. Unfortunately, it looks that's not going to happen but different chapters are having 15th Birthday Celebration gatherings.

http://tearjerkers15thbirthdayparty.weebly.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  14. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Yeah, there is a l-o-n-g story behind that one...the ECN should be back in 2013.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  15. Cathy L

Cathy L Newbie

Monica, AJ & Michelle, Jim & Jamie,
    I'm in central AL. Would love to get together for a CI rally down here in the SE!

16. Monica

Monica Novice

Absolutely! Where and when!

17. Monica

Monica Novice

And Kathy - I do hope you feel free to contact me before/during your trip to NC. I'm in Western NC and know the area pretty well. Everything gets booked fast around here though, so advise to reserve early should you choose to travel to our beautiful mountains and rivers!
    Monica

18. bobbyvaughn

bobbyvaughn Newbie

Hi Monica,

Welcome! We own number 126 a 550 Camp Inn that we got in 2005, and live in Statesville, NC.

Bobby

19. Monica

Monica Novice

Thanks Bobby! Maybe we will run into each other sometime! There's a few of us here wanting to get together.
    Monica

20. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Welcome Monica.
    We just ordered our 560 I am already having a hard time waiting.