Hello From The Texas Gulfcoast - Houston Area

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Ethan & Krista, Jul 9, 2018.

1. The Bell Family are the proud owners of Unit #935. We picked up our 2018 560 Ultra SUV on July 3rd.

On the trip back to Texas we slept two nights in the camper. One night was at a rest area in Iowa and the second night was parked next to a family member's house in Oklahoma. Yes, we opted to sleep in our new camper instead of the house...and do not regret the decision.

It was a pleasure meeting Cary and touring the Camp-Inn facilities. For anyone debating the trip - DO IT!

Thanks to Tom and Diana for taking the time to show us your camper.

dustinp, Kevin, RollingRob and 6 others like this.
  2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Hi and work welcome

RollingRob likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the forum.

RollingRob likes this.
  4. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome!

RollingRob likes this.
  5. Congratulations!

RollingRob likes this.
  6. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Congratulations!

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I've got a trip coming up which will take me near Houston --- Actually, down town houston for 1 night....

Any good places to stay close by? It will be in August --- I'd prefer LOTS of shade :D

8. Jdmac_lb

Jdmac_lb Novice

Congrats and welcome

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Welcome to the club! Its a sickness --- the good news is, there is no cure.

The whole CI team does a great job of taking care of ya - did you stay in their campground? We spent a couple days there a few summers ago -- 2016 -- it was great seeing a couple other campers pass though, and getting some decoration idaes.

I'm still making my way through antique shops lookign for a bargain on a pair something like this - one on each edge of the galley hatch when open

[​IMG]

I've mooch-docked more than once in mine, and never regretted it either. Staying at a family or friends home is fantastic and I love seeing them. But at bedtime, its nice to have your own space. Even invited, I always feel I am putting extra work on some one --- laundry etc, and I always feel a tinge of guilt knowing that. Regardless of how close you are to your host. Plus - I just sleep better in my own bed, blankets and pillows.

My parents think I am nuts -- I slept "in the cold" as they put it when visiting them. The temps were hovering at freezing. That 400 watt space heater keeps me cozy down well past freezing :) --- only thing I need is a key (or unlocked door) and a bathroom -- and if I can moderate my drinking before bed I likely won't even need that.

Kevin likes this.
  10. campdude

campdude Ranger

Congratulations on the camper and welcome to the forum

Kevin likes this.