Hello from Indiana

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Pick, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Pick

Pick Novice

Waiting to join the fun. We are in the process of buying a Ultra 560. Don't have the contract yet so I don't know the wait time but hopefully will be camping this summer. Been reading all I can on this forum in the meantime. Would love to hear from "older" tear drop owners as my wife thinks they are more for the young (I'm 61). Happy camping

2. bherbig

bherbig Novice

Hi from Maine,
    I'm Bruce (61) and my wife Jackie is 62 and we have a 560 ultra so I would say that they are not for just the younger folks. :)

3. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

What age group is "older"?

Most Camp Inn owners that I personally know are 50 and older.

Jean

4. Pick

Pick Novice

Good to know. Hope to meet some of you "on the road"

5. Pick

Pick Novice

Great! age is a relative thing anyway.

6. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Old age... sigh..
    It "IS" a "Relative" thing...
    I try to keep it at about 42-yrs or so....

Sometimes I wake up to reality that I'm pushing 68...
    So enjoy the fun times while you can, as the only thing they can't take from you is the memories you're created.

This is the saying I try to live up to...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... WOO HOO.. What a RIDE!"

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
    Mark Twain
    Amen....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Actually, your wife is right. Most of the teardrop owners are in their young sixties... :)

8. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Welcome and congrats, and I am staying out of the age discussion! :) Plus, I am pretty sure teardrops take some years off. Teardrop time is like a vortex of some sort!

Enjoy!

9. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

MDP welcome and have fun.

10. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome to the forum guys! Getting your trailer for use this summer would be great.
    We happen to be very young, but do know a lot of older, spry CampInn owners...

11. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

So, just how 'very young' are you, grandpa Ken? :)

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Exsqueeze me, Ken...very young, are you? Well, I guess you are compared to all us spry old fogies on the forum. However, in Camp Inn years, we're babes in the woods! (60 and 63). Not sure how the CI years work...sorta like dog years in reverse with a little extra off for bad behavior.

We agree with Frank (as always); slide us into the coffin well used. Waahooo!!!!!

And we are also in cahoots..uh, accord with Jenn. Just couldn't take those sleeping bags on the ground anymore.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. As you can see, we're such a lovely group of mild-mannered folks. Decorum at all times....NOT.

Camp On,

Sue and Jim (says)

13. schluns

schluns Novice

Welcome to the fun! I am in the Indianapolis area, so if you need camping buddies, we are always looking for an excuse to get out. Have you been to any of the Hoosier Tearjerker/tiny camper gatherings? It is a fun group and we are super friendly. You can check the schedule at tnttt.com and come for the day/weekend, everyone is invited.

Please reassure your wife that quite a few teardrop owners are retiree's wanting to explore this great country without putting their entire savings into an RV, but are too creaky to sleep on the ground. Being in my mid 40s, I am one of the younger ladies camping.

14. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

heheh, well my excuse for upgrading from the "Tent Camping" has always been the following:

"... I've found the Ground Getting harder and the mattresses getting thinner..."

and now, of course, have to eat my words back to Tent Camping with "Nellie" on those types of trips...
    But?
    with a little difference, like a stand-up tent, cot with a 3" mattress and -37F sleeping bag, all XXL in size... that and the indoor heater... so a little different... I hope anyway...

15. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Age is a state of mind. MDP, pay no attention to these people.

Someone mention Max? Doubled his birth weight in about 9 weeks. nbd

[​IMG]

16. Pick

Pick Novice

Thanks for the invitation We will be sure to check out the next gathering. My wife is the social outgoing type and I'm sure she will love it.

17. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Another "older couple" chiming in.....we are about to enter our 7th decade, (that really makes us sound ancient!) as 60 is just on the horizon for both of us. Our Camp-Inn keeps us young, and active, and I'm proud to say that some of our kid's contemporaries have a hard time keeping up with us!

Welcome to the forum MDP!

And as for Mighty Max, it's just like I said, he is a beautiful boy X 4! Enjoy him to the "max", Ken & Peggy, because the time will surely fly by.

18. 1Door

1Door Novice

As for Alan and I, he is 64 this month and I am 51 next month. All I can say is, our 500 Special Camp Inn teardrop is the BEST COFFIN WE EVER SLEPT IN!!!!!

If I happen to die in it, you'll know I went happy!

19. Bev

Bev Novice

I'll be 61 on March 15th; eagerly awaiting the delivery of my 550 Ultra (if weather and shipping schedules soon cut me a break).

61, just a number!

Enjoy the forum, I do. Good folks always willing to help with any questions you have!

Bev

20. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

2014 is the Chinese Year of the Horse. Happy New Year! I was born in the year of the Horse. Since the chinese zodiac is on a 12 year cycle that means …I'm 60 this year.