Hello from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by glyph, Aug 12, 2015.

1. glyph

glyph Newbie

I'm selling my house and plan to live on the road; me, my dog and a 560. Anyway, that's the plan. Have been primitive tent camper for 50+ years; my old bones can't sleep on the ground anymore. Eager for advice and guidance.

2. michaelo

michaelo Novice

There are 560s for sale on the forum, my advice is go get one now before they are all gone and put your tent up for sale.

Michael

3. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh yes, you have a great opportunity to snatch up one of these 560s without the long wait. You can get started right away with a trip to pick one up.

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

We went full-time in April in a 550 Special, from Cape Cod! We're now domiciled in Texas! Have fun planning and keep us posted!

5. Karen n Ward

Karen n Ward Newbie

Hi!! We just joined the forum and are about to start ordering a 560 and are from Newington. I hope you like your 560. For us also, the tent camping is getting old. We went to the RV show the other weekend and saw a couple of Silver Shadows. I couldn't get over the cabinets were 6 inches deep and the quality just isn't there. We plan on traveling far and wide when my retirement comes. Hubby is already retired and building guitars to keep busy. Good Luck! Karen

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Karen and Ward,

Yes, these are quality teardrops! Congrats on your decision to order a 560! Happy trails!

7. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Karen and Ward-

Welcome to the 560 family, you'll love it! Post any questions you have on options and accessories, there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Randy & Michelle

8. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the Forum. You will not be disappointed with Camp Inn quality and customer service. We have a 560 in production and we are already planning our future camp outs. Exciting for you that you are going "full time"

9. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Hi!

We are full timers and have owned our 550 for 3 1/2 years. We also travel with our dog. We'll be visiting a friend near you in Windsor in late May. We'd be happy to share with you our experiences with full-timing, though there is no shortage of advice on this forum. You can contact us through our blog or via PM.

10. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Well hi there.

A 560, huh? Good choice. We have a 550 classic and have loved every minute on the long and winding road. The sofa and extra room of the 560 beckoned, but we couldn't get past the classic art deco lines of the 550 teardrop. I was teetering, but Jim waxed nostalgic about his childhood and an uncle's teardrop, so I acquiesced.

My sweety-pie Jim is not particularly nostalgic and doesn't wax anything - not even the car, although he will spend hours primping the TD and lets everything else go to...what were we talking about?

Oh yeah...your 560. Anyway, grab one ASAP and consider opting for the door screens. On our last cross-country we were caught in that awful heat wave and would have killed to be able to sleep with the doors open, but we were in Kansas and those "No-see-'ms" would have eaten us alive. So we chose to swelter with the fan (thank heaven for the fan - saved our lives) rather than perish of exsanguination, Of course, they can get through almost any netting, pouncing upon their hapless victims in an unguarded moment or the dark of night and...

I've lost track again, haven't I.

Get your 560, enjoy, repeat. And share your adventures - even the buggy ones.

Camp On,

Sue and Jim the what-me-wax?

11. Karen n Ward

Karen n Ward Newbie

Hi Sue and Jim,
    The 560 appealed to us in that our grown children could borrow it and camp with their little ones and we get extra room at night. We did go with the door screens and air-conditioning, Ward insisted on it. With us, it's those damn black flies in northern New England and Canada. The last 15 years have been trying to say the least and I've not even had a proper vacation in that long. In those 15 yrs, Ward beat a brain tumor and then a 100 ft oak tree fell through our house 4 yrs ago and we've been slowly putting the pieces back together and it's just about finished.
    We're excited to go out to Wisconsin just to pick it up. I love to camp, hubby not so much. My bones are getting too old to sleep on the ground. The 560 was a perfect solution to make us both happy. We can stop and take a nap if we want, cook lunch, etc. Run down to the beach and stay overnight. I can't wait. Does everyone name their teardrop? Seems like it.

Karen and Ward

12. Jim and Sue L.

Hi Karen, hi Ward -

Oh yes! Naming your TD is an absolute must. Sorta like a new ship, she has to have a name so she'll sail sweeter. Choose it ahead of time or wait a bit and she'll show you who she is.

Sounds like you two have had a hard run lately. You deserve some quiet time and relaxation, which is just what you'll enjoy with your 560. Ward will warm up to camping when he finds how easy and comfortable he'll be in the CI - no tent steaks, no tear up no tear down just pull in and turn off the engine. Easy, easy easy.

Commercial over. Go get your new baby and take the slow, lazy road home. Enjoy, you two.

And keep up with the forum. Let us know your adventures. Hope to meet you guys at one of the Camp-Inn/Camp Out meetings.

Camp On,

Sue

13. Karen n Ward

Karen n Ward Newbie

Thanks Sue.
    Our baby won't be ready until September. Cary said we'd be there in time for the Camp Outt in WI. Hopefully we can make it. Not sure how long it will take from CT, three days maybe. I'm leaning toward the name Comet but Ward likes the Cavern Club after something to do with the Beatles.
    It was -5F this morning so it's hard to get excited about camping but still I can't wait. :)

Karen

14. Jim and Sue L.

-5..Yikes. This is why you get a TD - to go snow-birding! After the autumn color fades (gotta stay for the autumn colors!), hitch up and follow the sun. Some of the best camping is off season in the National Parks. Uncle Frank is the perfect example. He's been in hog heaven at Quartzsite in the Arizona desert.

Just keep and eye on the weather where you're headed and enjoy.

Camp On,

Sue

15. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

"The Cavern [Club] at 10 Mathew Street, in Liverpool was the venue where the Beatles' (formerly known as the Quarrymen) UK popularity started. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Pete Best were first seen by Brian Epstein at the club. Epstein eventually became their manager, going on to secure them a record contract."

I wonder if your husband likes the name because of the shape of the ceiling in the Cavern Club:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=be...=r5rHVrStIo-SjwP1n6DoBA#imgrc=BJX3sEOAZobXIM:

-Al

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  16. Karen n Ward

Karen n Ward Newbie

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. He is such a diehard Beatles fan. When he read your post he started telling me all about the curved ceilings because it was a basement of sorts.
    My eyes sort of glaze over at that point.

Karen

17. Larry Running

Larry Running Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yes the door screens are well worth it. So far I am glad to have every option we have though in the beginning we thought "we won't need that". Woops, we needed it.
    Happy trails and welcome.

18. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

I will have to agree, door screen is one of the best option-not cheap but worth every penny