Hello From Central Ohio

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Jenny n Rob #943, May 19, 2018.

1. Hello, we are Rob n Jenny from central Ohio. We had been retirement camper discussing, shopping, you tubing, etc. for some time. We initially thought Sprinter, and must haves were shower, toilet, sleeps 4 and driveable. We rented an RV4Rent on August 11, 2017. We took our 2 semi adult/college kids with us. It was huge, noisy, cumbersome, and uncomfortable. We didn’t cook in it, we didn’t use the shower, barely used the toilet, (only #1). We stayed at a KOA and the bathrooms were amazing. Private doors with shower, toilet, mirror, electric for drying/curling hair if you choose, putting on makeup, shaving, etc. We decided if we are paying to stay at a campground, why not use what you are paying for. Take a long hot shower if you want, with space enough to turn around as opposed to not enough space to change your mind. When we went to RV shows the material and workmanship looked so cheap we thought, it’s hard enough to keep a residential bathroom up without experiencing leaks, mildew, etc, replacing drywall, toilets, showers, and sinks, certainly a toilet and/or shower in a camper would be nothing but constant repairs! Now I have to say, this was not a top of the line RV, but we know this style was NOT what we wanted. On Rob’s wish list was an outdoor kitchen. Which you either get with a teardrop or some HUGE HUGE rig. We first heard about the Camp-Inn TD on Jan 9th from our brand new friends whom we had also met that day. Rene n Dave, also from central Ohio, they told us all about the Camp-Inn TD which they had had theirs for 7 years and were still in love with it. We were in Wisconsin by Jan 20th to see it up close and personal, and had our official quote by Jan22. So, here we are, we picked up our 2018 Raindrop Ultra #943 on April 26th. (I really wanted #959, but we didn’t have the patience to wait). Our children also told us they really weren’t interested , so we didn’t need something to sleep 4. But we do have little grandchildren in CO!

We are on our first long weekend and enjoying lots of relaxing time together in retirement, Rob will retire April! I’ve got a little while longer but my schedule is much more flexible.

Randy likes this.
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congrats on the new trailer - here's to many years of fun and adventure!

3. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congrats!

4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the forum.

5. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome to he forum and congrats on your purchase, you will love it and have fun with it.

6. Congrats on the Camp Inn! You will love it.