Hello From Calgary, Canada

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Amanda & Alan, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Amanda & Alan

Amanda & Alan Newbie

Hello Camp-Inn Community

We are the proud new owners of #608 - a 2013 560 Ultra. As a homage to the time we lived in Australia and liking that it included the 'drop' in teardrop or raindrop - we have named her 'The Drop Bear'. Also, with the Alcan cover you can start to see some Koala features in the raindrop.

For anyone wondering what a drop bear is - from wikipedia... "A drop bear (sometimes dropbear) is a hoax in contemporary Australian folklore featuring a predatory, carnivorous version of the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus). This imaginary animal is commonly spoken about in tall tales designed to scare tourists. While koalas are typically docile herbivores (and notably, not bears), drop bears are described as unusually large and vicious marsupials that inhabit treetops and attack unsuspecting people (or other prey) that walk beneath them by dropping onto their heads from above."

The most recent research on drop bears is provided in this April 1st article from Australian Geographic.

Anyways, just wanted to say "Hi".

[​IMG]

AdamFWTX, LisaNKevin, dustinp and 3 others like this.
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome to the forum!

The best line from the Australian Geographic:

"These include wearing forks in the hair or spreading Vegemite behind the ears or under the armpits."

I forwarded the article to my daughter, who lives in Perth and is currently on a road trip with her husband, their 4 month old daughter, and my wife to the Margaret River area of WA.

3. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome to tribe!

4. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome

M&L likes this.