Height Of Ultra 560 Rear Kitchen Lid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FredK, Dec 25, 2020.

1. FredK

FredK Newbie

I'm a very tall gentleman -6'3" and wonder if I can stand at the back kitchen without hitting my head on the lip of the hatch of the Ultra 560. All the other dimensions of the Camp-Inn forum seem so favorable to tall persons. Thank so much to those of you who have measured the height of the lid when opened!

2. Hello FredK,

I'm 6'-5" and my wife if 5'-11. I'll just start by saying we absoultely love our 560 Ultra which has the 3" off-road lift and couch extension (pillows go there while sleeping... 100% comfortable). Besides the quality of the product, you'll never find better customer service than from Camp Inn. It is the perfect fit for our goals/priorities.

To your question: Our trailer is winterized on stands right now so my hatch measurement would not be accurate. With our default set-up on level ground I do have slouch a little to wash dishes. Not for long, not too bad. When parked with the trailer nose uphill it is fine (ground slopes away from the kitchen). I carry a couple plastic vehicle ramps which I can use to get 6" lift if I want - actually quite nice. If you use ramps (or find yourself on a steep slope) you may want longer table legs. See this post for one possible solution to that.

Happy Camping,
    --Ken

3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Just measured my SUV height 560 (#701). Without the stabilizer jacks down it is 73 inches floor to hatch. To Ken’s point, you can always put some leveling blocks under the tires to raise it up.

Randy

Kevin and PrairieVikings like this.