Heated Mattress Pads

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by William Bezilla, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I had purchased a 500 watt ceramic heater for my Raindrop but found that when the temps get down around freezing the cold from below makes it hard to keep warm so have been looking for something to put under the mattress, to keep warm. I was originally thinking an electric mattress pad but was worried about condensation under the mattress. Fortunately I stumbled across Toastimat heated yoga pad. 2 of them placed side by side just about cover the floor and each side has their own heat control. Just used them on a 38 degree night and was toasty warm on the lowest setting. Timer can be set for up to 9 hrs. I think on higher settings these would keep you warm down to some pretty low temps and if coupled with a ceramic heater to take the chill off the air you could be comfortable well below freezing. They are not the cheapest option but look very well made . I think I will find other uses for them as well.

I put them under the mattress and had no issues with condensation.

They were sold out directly from Toastimat but I found them in stock at floormat.comheated

M&L, Van_and_Terri and Gypsy like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I'm partial to electric -- you can control from 0 to 10 on the level of heat you get. Nothing worse than a hot bed...

3. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

If you do a lot of boondocking in the colder months, look into a 12V mattress warmer: https://electrowarmth.com/shop?olsPage=t/12-volts-bunk-warmer

Unfortunately, they don't sell the queen-size model anymore. We put ours at the bottom of the mattress, to warm our feet. Mattress warmer + down blanket + body heat has been sufficient for us, so far.