Heading to Necedah!

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Dahava, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Well, we're hitting the road bright and early tomorrow morning enroute from San Antonio, TX to Necedah, WI. We'll be "borrowing" a 560 for a few weeks to get our feet wet. Ours won't be ready until mid-November and there's just no way we can wait that long! Talk about excited! We'll be heading over to visit family and friends in the Western NY area.

So the adventure begins!!!

2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

enjoy campinn for few weeks, I just pick up mine and love it, just wait for a day you pick your own..... you really would love it than. have a wonderful vacation...

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Have a safe trip up to Wisconsin, and enjoy your time with the trailer. Should be fun!

4. 1Door

1Door Novice

You all have to be the most knowledgeable campers on this forum since you've read all the posts!!! Hope you have great weather and enjoy a 560!

5. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Dan_and_Vanessa have a safe and fun vacation can't wait to hear about your trip.

6. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Thanks everyone! We made it just past Kansas City on our first day and we'll roll into Necedah today. We're looking forward to meeting everyone at CampInn and I'm dying to see the build process in action! We'll be sure to take pics and some video along the way!

7. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh, one of my favorite places I have seen is "Barney Smith Toilet Seat Museum" in San Antonio. A true Roadside America must do stop.

Combination of a great character and unusual art.

Jean

8. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh, you need to check out the Forevertron near Baraboo, WI. A local Roadside America wonder. Ask Cary and Craig, it is a neat place. Located on Hwy 12 South.

Jean

9. 1Door

1Door Novice

Where in the world are Dan and Vanessa??

10. Planning our trip to Necedah in 3 weeks! Any suggestions where to stay near or in Necedah? Camping or inexpensive hotel!

11. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

camping - in castle rock lake county park, where the CampInn CampOutt is held next month. it's in Juneau County (there's the same-named park in Adams County too).
    can't help you with motels.

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Here are the motels in Necedah that Cary recommends to customers. They are small "mom & pop" type places. They are listed in the order he recommends:

Necedah Motel 608-565-2263

Sunrise Motel 608-565-2418

St. Joseph's Inn Resort 608-565-7258

I have no experience with any of them but perhaps some forum members who do could share some thoughts.

There are a few "chain" motels in Mauston, however, it is a good 20 minute drive from there to the Camp-Inn shop.

Super 8
    Quality Inn
    Best Western

The Traveler's Inn at the New Lisbon/Hwy 80 exit #61 on I-90/94 is another option. It is about a 15 minute drive from there to Necedah, via Hwy 80 north.

Coming from the west on I-90/94, there are several chain hotels on the north side of Tomah at exit #143 of I-94. These are right along Hwy 21, which will take you straight into Necedah (about a 25 minute drive).

:cool:

13. GTXgreg

GTXgreg Newbie

We stayed at the Necedah Motel. Really nice family owns it. Clean room with TV, microwave, and fridge. It was a couple of years ago but I think it was $40/night.