Hatchling due in April, we are hoping for a girl!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by slumry, Oct 12, 2011.

1. slumry

slumry Novice

I figured that since I started posting that I had better introduce myself so folks won’t come to the wrong conclusion and think that we are some of those Dutch oven fanatics. My name is Stephen and my wife’s name is Shirley, hence the slumry, the handle works for both of us. I will let her introduce herself in her own good time.

We have a 560 scheduled for pick up in April. We live in Washington state where you can dry camp almost anywhere, however, it will always be dry camping in heavy rain so I am not sure if the term fits. We hope to get a lot of use of the “tiny camper to be named” if we ever get around to retiring. In the meantime my interests are analog photography and reading teardrop forums.

Btw, we just bought our first Dutch oven, but we are not fanatics about them…yet.

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

The first sign of a DO fanatic is denial about being one...It's a downward spiral from here on out...welcome to the club! :D

:cool:

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Welcome! And congrats!

As a fellow PNW-erner, we feel your pain on the 'dry camping'. I figure dry camping for us would be camping somewhere else, especially this year! Summer finally cometh, and goeth just as quick. We have done some wet and wetter camping with our 560, and it sure beats being in a tent. The streams of water running under our Northern Breeze made us feel like we were river front! It is a blast though and we'll hope to see you next year at the 2nd Annual Northwest Round-Up! This year, that camping trip was dry!

4. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Shirley and Steve. You took a double whammy didn't ya. CI and ci bites at the same time. Well ya have until April to get practiced up with the cookin. There are a few here that can help ya with that, and there are a whole lot more that can help ya with the CI (Camp- Inn).

George

5. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Shirley&Stephen good luck,you will love it the same if its a girl or a boy.Steve :)

6. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Congrats and Welcome!

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Stephen and Shirley,
    welcome and I must say having traveled with our 550 in WA this summer we actually have very little rain - even in Hoh rain forest. It was cool but with our 550 we enjoyed it all.
    You have a wonderful area to explore with your tear.

8. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the Great PNW...
    Camping season is just beginning...
    Doing Keystone (Ft Casey) on the 12th and Lake Cushman (Hoodsport) on the 24th (Thanksgiving) and several more.
    Let the season begin

Ps. Also St Valentines Day "Wine & Chocolate" tour over at Lake Chelan..

[​IMG][/URL]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. slumry

slumry Novice

Hi Frank,

I have been following the WTF site since we discovered Camp-Inn. Once we get our trailer, we will sign up.

We are what you would call bathtub divers, if the water temperature is 82 degrees, there is no current and visibility is over 200 feet we are good to go.

We have also been known to haunt various wineries around the state, particularity in the Walla Walla area.

We look forward to going on some local outings with the group.

Stephen

10. Deb

Deb Novice

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

11. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Ah, more victims of love at first sight. Welcome and congrats! We just returned from our maiden voyage and loved every minute. You will too, but be warned!!! The problem with a CI is when you get home, everything seems too big and far too stationary. Every where you look is something you've already seen and time drags until you can set out again. We're getting the heck back on the road ASAP!

Oh, and my favorite thing about camping in our CI, when it rains, you don't have to race out and dig a trench around the tent. You're gonna love that.

Let us know what you name your baby.

Jim and Sue

12. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Welcome to the world of Camp-Inn trailers. We're across the lake from you, in Federal Way, so feel free to call anytime. We picked our 550 up in September and have put 25 nights and 7500 miles on it - we love it! Kathy