Greetings From Southeast Texas

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Tom & Diana P, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

We are Tom & Diana, a couple of camping-crazy kids with a perpetual dream of being on the road. Tent campers and former owners of 2 other trailers, we've been searching for our next (and last, based on what I see about Camp-Inn) dream facilitator. Our requirements: it's gotta fit in the garage, it's gotta be high quality, and it's gotta be cool. In shopping around (a lot), some fit 2 of the 3 requirements, but none hit all 3...until Tom came across Camp-Inn a couple of weeks ago. A flurry of emails between Tom & Cary ensued, all of which assured us we were making a very wise decision. We even visited Doug & Amber's new 560 Ultra, Boba Fett. (I admit that got me drooling!) On Wednesday we accepted a quote for a Raindrop Ultra SUV, and now we are waiting for the contract. We've got the desire, we've got the gear, now all we need is the teardrop!

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Yes, yes, yes. Fits in the garage, high quality, and especially cool.

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations Tom & Diana! Good choice!

4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Happy Days for sure, Congrats!!!!! The waiting is the hardest part, however Cary will send you weekly pictures of the build. We can't wait to camp with you, y'all will love the 560.

Congratulations again!

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Wishing you happy trails & high adventures in your raindrop! Although we are former CI teardroppers, their trailers are awesome! We'll be in TX February through April. Maybe we can meet up at some point? Perhaps a camping "round up" with Doug & Amber and other Texan campers! Doug & Amber...hint, hint!

6. Doug & Amber

Yep - The 2nd Annual Texas Teardrop Roundup has already been discussed. Collectively we have been targeting a weekend in April for either Inks State Park or Garner State Park.

birder526 and Tom & Diana P like this.
  7. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

A TD round-up sounds great to me! I'll keep my ears open for the April plans - and I figure we should have our 560 by then!

birder526 likes this.
  8. bcweiss

bcweiss Novice

Congratulations! We picked up our 560 in April and have had a great time traveling with it since then! They are definitely cool! Be prepared to talk to everyone about them. We even ended up giving a CI brochure to the Canadian crossing guard when we crossed the border in northern New Hampshire. Have fun!

Tom & Diana P and birder526 like this.
  9. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Yeah, that is the advantage to traveling as a couple - when one of you gets tired of giving tours, just tag team your partner to take over for a while.

10. birder526

birder526 Novice

April would be great! We are work-camping in Livingston at Escapees campground February through April. It would be great to make it to the 2nd Roundup!

11. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

The check is in the mail! I sent our down payment today along with the signed contract for our very own Camp-Inn! :D

Diana

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Mark & Casandra and birder526 like this.
  12. birder526

birder526 Novice

Diana & Tom,
    Congratulations! The anticipation is half the fun!

13. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

It's a good thing anticipation is so highly rated on this forum. Otherwise, it'd be real easy to get cold feet. But I believe everyone when they say actually setting eyes on the new "family member" for the first time is like a dream. And I'm going to enjoy every second of the waiting! :)

Diana

birder526 likes this.
  14. Mike

Mike Newbie

Hi all, I'm Mike. Been thinking about getting a 560 as I like the extra versatility it allows. Am interested in a new or a used depending on the available market. Was hoping there might be someone within a few hundred miles of San Antonio and that would allow me to look at their 560 and ask them some question.

Mike Byrnside
    210-414-9100

Thank you in advance

15. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

Hello Mike, and welcome to the Unofficial Camp-Inn Forum If you contact Cary at Camp-Inn, he'll put you in touch with someone close to you who's eager to show off their Raindrop. You'll be impressed with the craftsmanship and smart design, I'm sure. We just attended the Camp-Inn Camp Outt in Wisconsin last weekend and toured the factory. These guys put their hearts and souls into their product. Even though we don't have our Raindrop yet, I feel like a veteran now!

Mike and birder526 like this.
  16. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

We had a couple of conversations with Cary last week. It's possible our Raindrop is in the wood shop, incubating. Squeeeeee!

--Diana

Mike and Randy like this.
  17. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

If you don't find a 560, I'm in Round Rock with a 550...I think they are the same except for the 2' where the couch is. My #318 will also show you how well they age.

Mike and Tom & Diana P like this.
  18. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

Pictures... It's really happening! Pick-up is looking like mid-late January.[​IMG]

19. Doug & Amber

Beautiful 560!!!! I bet you are excited. The pictures really help during the wait. Can't wait to see this in your driveway!

20. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Congratulation, Tom & Diana! It won't be long now! Did you guys add your own special wheels to your build? It's looking good! Any other cool options?.......like mahogany or the inlaid cabinet doors in the galley (that I'd love to have had on ours!)
    Casandra

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017