Good Sam Club??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fpoole, Dec 4, 2012.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

So, I was just trying to see if there ere "Active" camping clubs in the PNW area, and not really finding anything outside "Annual Happenings" and wondered if the
    Good Sam Club
    would be any help. As I understand them, it's mainly the Big Boys, RVs, etc... and not really along the lines of Smaller Travel Trailers much less Tear Drops.

Anyone have any experience with Mr Sam? they have some pluses I guess and the trip planner, but have to join to see how it works
    or???
    I'm also just looking for a trip planner. Found a few, but didn't really work that well.

KOA has one but geared to their campsites which is helpful, read "Laundry & Hook ups"

Just wondering.. thoughts??

2. gstate

gstate Newbie

We have not yet tried the Trip Planner on the Good Sam web site, so can't really address that. We joined because of the free shipping and have more than paid for our membership fee with that member benefit. Of course this depends on how much you think you will order. So far we have been happy with our membership.

3. fpoole

Quick shipping from the Campstore I assume... let me know if you use the trip planner, sort of wondering how it would compare to the other ones...
    thanks...

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

The trip planner works great and has alot of options for your trip but it does not map you out from one address to another.It maps you out from city to city. :)

5. fpoole

Interesting... so going through Montana, or ND, would be just from city to city and giving Rv sites or just like Google.. to/from
    I don't see much reason to sign up for much of anything else.. just wondering.. thanks...

6. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

I tried their trip planner earlier today …more detailed than Google Maps in that you can refine/filter the searches to include campgrounds, state parks, rest stops, fuel etc. The plan lists the different locations by milage and estimated time. However, it doesn't provide an actual map of your planned route …at least none that I could see. There might be one available but I couldn't figure out how to access it …for me, just printed turn by turn directions don't provide the visual information I need to see where I'm going. I'm surprised that there wouldn't be a map associated with a travel planner …has to be user error. Perhaps someone can point us in the right direction.

7. fpoole

Ok, interesting. That's sorta what I was looking for but like you, need a "Visual Map" to look at...

thanks for the info... must be in there somewhere or "Export to Googe??"... thanks..

8. fpoole

Well, just signed up for Good Sam, some useful stuff, but the itinerary isn't worth it... Can't go to a map which is what I was really looking for.
    AAA Trip packs would be better, IMNSHO.

At least I'll get a discount for the generator down the line. Some of the tours, cost $$, look interesting.. but for $20, not sure I'd sign up again..

9. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

That's good to know, Frank