Good Sam Club Insurance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Randy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Got a quote to insure our 560 from Good Sam Club for $200 per year. Full replacement cost if totaled, $250 deductible on comprehensive, $500 on collision. Seems like a reasonable price. I was impressed that they had the Camp-Inn 560 in the quote generator drop down list for RV type.

Anyone have any experience with Good Sam Club insurance? I hope the answer is no, but has anyone ever filed a claim with them?

Thanks,

Randy

2. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Randy I have no knowledge on Good Sam although I would guess it is Connected some way to Camping World. This morning I submitted an insurance quote via a search website, so would guess I will get several quotes. I will let you know the results when I get them. R

3. MartiVltori

MartiVltori Novice

I got my insurance through state farm. about 100 a year for full replacement. That is with multiline discounts. Our house and cars are on same policy.

4. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have mine with my home and auto - runs under $100/year.

5. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I think things run higher here in So Cal. My home/auto company wanted $50 more so am going with good Sam. My agent confirmed that it's a good policy. Gotta pay for that year round camping weather I guess!

6. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Randy, I did finally get things sorted through in regards to insurance. Bundling is the way to go as others have indicated. I did check with Good Sam and it was $350 of 8 months of insurance with just comp while stored. The others ranged from $350 upwards of $500. Our best was with our current carrier GEICO at 8 months of full coverage at $170 which included 4 months storage coverage. So this is the route I will go. Hope this helps...Ron