Glow In The Dark Markers Inside The Ci

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by rmbrowder, Apr 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

Taking an idea from the Navy where they use phosphorescent tape and paint to mark critical access points, I used a large hole punch to make 1” dots to mark the door handles. At night they are visible enough to identify the handles. I made smaller dots to mark the fan controls. I made small rectangles to mark the light switches. I like a really dark sleep room and they do not bother me at all. There is no feeling around for the doors, fan, or lights if an adjustment is wanted at 2 am.

Kevin likes this.
  2. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

FWIW, I find switching the light over the door to red and turning it way down works perfect as a nightlight. I can easily sleep with it on and when I awake there is enough light to see the basics.

Andrew Cushingham and Kevin like this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I just have to open my "center door" --- the blue light from the USB plug lights up the camper...

Kevin likes this.
  4. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Don't you know "Blue Light" is disruptive to sleep?;)

Kevin likes this.
  5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Yah, This is one thing I'd like to see CI have done differently. I supposed it could be switched out relatively easy but it hasn't been that much of a problem. With the door closed, it's not bad. Now what might be a nice addition would be a switched nightlight based on this discussion....possibly with 'downlights' under the door as well to better see shoes. But more complexity, more to break

6. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

Try “LightDims”. I stick them on all the little LEDS. Some of them just dim, others blackout.

Sweeney and Kevin like this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

looks like an easy solution to the problem.

Kevin likes this.