Getting Started

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Greg Olin, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Greg Olin

Greg Olin Newbie

Hi.
    Looking for input. Looking to buy a used Camp Inn 560 or possibly a Vestibule Teardrop RV

Price matters but I want a quality Teardrop RV
    These two seem well made and want to get comments and possibly other options.

also if anyone has a 2015 or later model for sale,
    I’d like to discuss purchase possibilities.
    I’m in Indiana so prefer to buy in Mid-west area

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Hi Greg,
    I think your best bet for a used Camp Inn trailer is to check the For Sale section here on a regular basis.

For Sale / Wanted

Good luck!

3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Two good choices! That stated we might be just a bit biased on this forum. :)

CampInns have top notch fit, finish and cratmanship and customer service second to none. The 560 offers that bit of extra space that I have come to really appreciate.

Best of luck with your search, reach out with questions.

Randy

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  4. Greg Olin

Greg Olin Newbie

Thanks for reply. I am looking in the sale link.
    Thanks for directing me there.
    Is there a specific year where substantial changes occurred. I’m trying to look for a later model but old enough to save a bit as I am on a tight budget
    May I inquire how to donate ?

5. Greg Olin

Greg Olin Newbie

6. Greg Olin

Greg Olin Newbie

Appreciate your offer to answer questions

Do you feel that there is a particular year model where I would get most of the updates over the years while getting one old enough to save me some money
    (I am on a tight budget).
    I’m kind of honing in on the Camp Inn Ultra Raindrop. Greg

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Greg, I'm not aware of a particular year when things improved dramatically. The product started out well-designed and is being improved incrementally each model year. And many people will have those improvements added to their teardrops over time, keeping them more 'up to date' than their build year would suggest...

8. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Honestly, campinn has been rock solid for years. IMO, improvements, Teardrop Travel Trailers by Camp-Inn, have been options, or want-to-have, not necessarily need-to have. If you find one in the for sale section that fits, you can always check it out in person first, and contact CI directly and ask about that specific serial number, too.

ps...way back when, I was considering the vestibule as well. The reasons I went with a CI was because a) vestibule had been in business for less time, and b) campinn is located physically nearer to my city, so I thought if I had issues, easier for me to just stop by for repairs. I’ve only needed one real fix (totally my fault), every other visit to The Nest was for want-to-have options added on. (I ‘needed’ that new backup light, and wind screens, and table extension arm, and... what else? Lots of other things I ‘Needed’)

Since Vestibule has now been in business for many years, it would be a tough call if I were to start the decision making process today. Good luck to you. Whichever you choose will be great, I’m sure.

9. Greg Olin

Greg Olin Newbie

Thanks for your input. It’s clear that many older models get updates. Will need to evaluate any prospects individually as they come up.

10. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Greg, if you wanted to see one in person without going to Wisconsin, you can reach out to CampInn and they can hook you up with an owner near you.

Randy

Jenn likes this.
  11. Hi Greg,
    I posted our camper during a slow time, which it appears this is! Things will really begin to heat up in March, I expect, where you will begin to see many sellers. I would monitor the site regularly; it will help you understand why owners love CampInn. We decided to move to a 560 after having owned our 550 for several years. We also posted ours on Craig's list and sold it quite quickly. Good luck and I suggest trying to see a local CampInn as suggested by Randy. 'Christine

Kevin likes this.