Galley Storage Bin Lid Protection

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Randy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

My galley storage bin lids always seem to get scratched up. To protect them, I covered them with some faux stainless steel film from EZ Faux Decor. Faux Stainless™ Film - EzFaux Décor LLC ® They also have faux granite if you want to go exotic!

I will say that there is a learning curve to the installation of this stuff. If you decide to do this PM me and I will give you some tips. Looks great, you really can't tell that its not stainless steel and its scratch and stain proof. I may do the side tables next.

......and.....since its kind of quiet on the old forum, I challenge anyone reading this to post pics of YOUR latest mod! :)

Randy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Chuckwagon, Tour 931, Car and 5 others like this.
  2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

I wish looking into it, i might do exactly the same thing, btw great work

3. Randy

Thanks, I also did the side tables. Don't try and cut to size before installing. I used a utility knife to trim to size tight up against the lip. A heat gun is also useful to get the last bit to stay down. You actually spray the surface with water and squeegee out the water to lay it down. It was difficult to get the final edge to lay down but the heat gun (on low) helped a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Do you make house calls?

Tom & Diana P and Randy like this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Good question.

6. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heat Resistant: Up to 240F.

7. Randy

Thanks Al/Cathy. Did you install it? If so, how did it go for you? It got easier by the time I got to the side tables.

I looked on their website and it says to "always use a hot pad and cutting board."
    Faux Granite, Marble & Stainless Steel | Product Details. I don't think I personally would set a hot pan on it even if it is rated to 240.

Randy

Jenn and Tour 931 like this.
  8. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hi, Randy. No, I just did a bit of research after Jenn asked the question.

-Al

Randy likes this.
  9. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

You appear to have gotten quite good at applying this stuff. Maybe you should try doing the whole teardrop. Think of all the elbow grease you could save not Walberizing:)

10. Randy

Ha ha! That thought actually crossed my mind!!

11. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It could be done it produced like a wrap for a van????