FYI: I'm still alive...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ladymc, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Just in case anyone was wondering where I've been...lots on our plate - recent diabetic diagnosis, so I'm being good and changing the lifestyle, but it takes up lots of time if you do it right, so I'm not able to be on here as much....MUST get out soon, but the heat is so unbearable and with 1/2 the country burning we're sitting tight till the fall. Also recooperating from 4 trips to Tulsa (2), Hot Springs (1) and Houston(1)...can't wait till fall so I can get my groove back on! Enjoying reading all the posts...

2. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Linda, I hope you stay on the correct diet. I hope you avoid the fires and like you, we are staying low til the heat breaks. It is 78 degrees at 6:00am today. H.I. over 100 the next few days.
    Take care, Steve

3. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Linda good to see your ok stay well.Steve :)

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Linda,
    good luck with the diabetic diet. Get Well!

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Take care with the diabetes, glad to see you back.. just drop a line once in awhile if ya can't embelish.

6. starlight

starlight Novice

Best wishes for good health and good weather, Linda. Hang in there!
    Stelena

7. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Thanks for all the encouragement - Bill's been diabetic for years so I know the drill - just being tighter with it now for both of us - we're doing well, keeping food journals and being careful. Still able to enjoy eating though - Weight Watchers is the best for anyone but especially diabetics - it's all about portion control.

Gettin' the itch to go out somewhere - don't think I can wait till fall!

8. starlight

starlight Novice

Awesome! My best friend has had a lot of success with Weight Watchers. We also can't wait to get our Firefly in the fall and start travelling...until then we're settling for the odd road trip here and there. I'd love to go camping up at Big Sur in Northern California.