KY State Park Fort Boonesborough State Park

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Jul 3, 2022.

1. This is a nice campground a little south of Lexington, KY about 5 miles off I-75. 166 sites with 2 bathhouses that also have laundry facilities. The bathhouses are some of the nicest we’ve seen. They are air conditioned which keep them drier in the heat/humidity.

Recreation building in the middle if you need a big space for some type of gathering. Putt putt course and access to a boat ramp on the Kentucky River. Well supplied camp store in the campground.

Sites are asphalt and there are 18 full hookup ones. Water, electricity & fire ring at each site. A little close together so I would pick a site on the perimeter so nobody is behind you . Site 158, 159, 160, & 161 look like good sites with plenty of shade, good site size & better distance to your neighbors. . We were here the week of July 4, so it is crowded.

Laundry & proximity to I-75 make it a good option for anyone passing through the area. The highway if you come from I-75 has a steep downgrade as you approach the park entrance. Just beware of it as you start down if someone is behind. It is marked well, but don’t turn at the Historic fort. The campground entrance is further down the hill. Historic park has a living history exhibit with live reenactors.

Fort Boonesborough State Park

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022