Flexible Solar Panel

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by mrandolph, Aug 21, 2018.

1. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Added a 120 watt flexible solar panel from California Peripherals. Talk to Joe, he has a Camp-Inn teardrop. I sent him my connector and they wired it up. Nice, easy transport, set up. Thanks Joe!

lorieandkeith likes this.
  2. Hello mrandolph,

What panel did you get. How's it working out for you?

Thanks,
    --Ken

3. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Hi Ken,

PowerFilm FM16-7200 120 Watt 7200mA 15.4 Volts Foldable Solar Charger.

I only used it once. Very light weight, easy to store/use. I would recommend 30 feet of cord as I ran of of room with the sun moving, but I was pretty shaded to begin with - in a line of trees. I have put my trailer up for sale on this forum site. Joe Gartner at CA Peripherals has a Camp-Inn and has used this panel lots. He is very helpful. I talked with him several times over the phone before and after purchasing. Here is his contact info.

Joe Gartner

California Peripherals & Components, Inc.
    216 Avenida Fabricante, Ste 108
    San Clemente, CA 92672 USA
    Tel: 1-949-487-1213 Ext. 102.
    Toll Free: 1-877-487-1213
    FAX: 1-949-487-1866
    http://www.CaliforniaPC.com

Ren Evanoff likes this.
  4. jsnrdy

jsnrdy Newbie

MRandolph- Do you have a Dometic and did it run it while in use? Looks like a pretty high price point but may be worth the investment. Thanks!

5. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Yes, have a Dometic.....Reports are that it runs with the solar panel....I did not use it, had another cooler, but also did not realize that one has to use the different plug system to allow it to work....AC/DC....I do think is worth the investment for the use of the fan, lights and Dometic.