First weekend camping

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Jean W, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hi,

Had to take the Uff Da Inn out camping this weekend. Traveld to Wm. OBrien state park north of Stillwater, MN mostly to find a few specific geocaches. Showed up with no reservations. Learned the electrical sites are full. Oh, my. Had to take a boondock site. Gee,no electricity, no heater tonight. Sky is clear, wonderful full moon like a giant nightlight.

Made chili using the stove. Heated up artisian bread in the dutch over. Sat around a fire till eyes wouldn't stay away anymore. Crawled into bed. Hmmm, not to cool in here. Bella, the dog snuggled to keep me warm all night. She thinks I kept her warm all night.

Slept with a sweatshirt on all night and cap....

Saturday has been overcast, sprinkles a few times. Great to have batteries to run laptop, portable internet, and light. Will sit around the campfire to warm up, then to bed.

Crafted a makeshift galley awning from the rainfly from the tent. Will take a photo and post. Also put up the side tent.

Thanks all for the time being..

Jean

2. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Life is good.
    Steve

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Wouldn't one of those units with elect. let you run your cord into the 15A circuit on their box?