Finally Logging In

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Yaak, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Yaak

Yaak Newbie

We've been lurking this site for a while, even before our order, and though we signed up last November, it has taken this long to get off top dead center and speak up.

Our experience started just over a year ago when we ordered our TD, a wonderful 550 Ultra. As experienced by you all, the waiting was tough but greatly eased by the build pictures as they began to flow, and then one day the truck arrived and there it was, our Yaak. Events had conspired against us to pick it up in Necedah, so delivery was accomplished. I'll tell you what, Cary, et al, can really wrap a TD for delivery! Rocky broke nearly all her nails ripping off the protective wrapping while I was at the U-Haul place getting the hook-up wiring finalized. But then it stood forth in all it's glory! The neighbors loved it! And I finally cleaned out one side of the garage so it didn't have to sleep outdoors.

The next weekend we headed to the beach for its shakedown cruise, only spending one night out, but it was great. Our Doggies loved it, and so did the guy in camp with the 1955 Airstream he was touring the country in. Now it is hunkered down in it's nest, waiting for the return of appropriate weather for the next sortie.

The name Yaak comes from our previous camping vehicle, a 2001 VW Eurovan Camper which we sold in 2006. We've been without since then, but now Yaak is back!!

We are looking forward to tricking it out to fit our needs, and especially like the custom things we've seen on this forum. Really exciting!

'Nuff writing for now. Thanks to all for this great forum.

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Yeah! More Oregonians! Welcome and have you seen the thread on the PNW CI Round-Up? Would love to meet you both there if you can make it. Enjoy your Yaak!