Finally got to camp Again

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Finally got to camp this year after one thing or another kept us from it. Oconee State Park here in SC was our destination. I was working at a cycling event so my Saturday was spent there. Mary Ellen had the day to do some exploring on their own. Friday found us with barely enough time to eat, clean up, and finish setting up camp before the rain hit. The rest of the weekend was perfect though.

We had the dogs with us and yes in a 560 you can fit two adults, one 18 year old, a Corgi, and a Boston Terrier Mix, but it is cozy. The park was not very crowded which was nice. Somehow though we ended up with someone next to us when the rest of the loop was empty, but it was quiet. They were in an old converted school bus. This is an old state park here and it even has an old 1950s era Putt-Putt course so we got in 18 this morning. We will be back here Memorial Day Weekend when I have another cycling event, but this time I will get to ride. It will be more crowded then I am sure.