Festival of Lights

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by 1Door, Dec 20, 2013.

1. 1Door

1Door Novice

Festival of Lights at Stephen Foster State Park, Florida.

Carillon Tower.
    Oak tree.
    Tower and Santa's sleigh.
    Another oak tree.
    Not a Guiness, fpoole.
    Stephen Foster Museum.

A highly recommended 2 night stay if you'll be in Florida in December. Reservations are available 11 months in advance. We will be booking again in late January for December 2014.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Nice lighting... and Guiness? heheh... not my style.. I like'em blonde and sparkling ... Xmas tree lights are always fun...

Lest I be 'Banned from the Site for posting this.. heheh...
    Let there be LIGHTS
    (so my real source, Christmas Depot, apparently went out of business... they had Millions upon Millions of Xmas lights but this seems like it would do in a pinch or two)

Pic of lites - battery operated for out in the wilds.. LEDs
    https://c808505.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.co...054acde5dc9f5d58329d3289a1_original_x_150.jpg

bummer..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. 1Door

1Door Novice

fpoole...
    IT'S NOT a Guiness...
    It's an IRISH COFFEE!!!

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Doh!!!...
    I thought it looked a little too Rich and Velvety.... I was thinking Mann... I don't like Guiness but that look good enough for a second review...

Whew...
    Now I DO LIKE/Love Irish Coffees in their various forms... sweet... and that one looked great....
    Thanks for clarifying.... I would have re-tried a Guiness.. heheh, good save... thanks...

5. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Beautiful pictures, sorry we missed it, we are now in St Andrews State Park continuing west. If I'm not mistaken that bell tower cas a full functioning carillon, must be magical with the bells chiming out carrols and the lights and beautiful architecture and all.

Michael

6. 1Door

1Door Novice

Yes , it makes beautiful music!! Only wish they would program it to play more thru out the day.
    Bells every hour, 1/4 & 1/2 & 3/4 for the time.
    3 or 4 Christmas carols in a row about every 3 hours on the hour.
    Off season it plays excerpts of Stephen Foster tunes.
    The tubular bells weigh some 20 tons and there are about 97 of them. The largest in the world.

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Great shots! It looks like it would be an awesome place to experience in person.