Favorite Pricey Not-from-ci-accessory

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by skissinger, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:44 PM.

1. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I'm home from CICO 2024. (Sad, I know). One of the things I do at CICO is wander around and ask people what their favorite accessory is which was in some way a "game changer". I found that some people had pricey add-ons and some had budget add-ons. In order to not compete too much, I've made two threads. I'm encouraging forum readers to add a post to this forum thread. In this case, I'm thinking "pricey thing", more than $100 for example.

I'm also going to ask that you do not post an accessory type which has it's own thread, like Awnings, fridge, or paper towel holder. Those have their own threads!

I'll start. I have multiple things not from CI themselves which certainly cost more than $100. This accessory often gets comments at CICO. Keep in mind I'm a single female, knees are starting to tell me hold old they are, and my driveway at home has a slight incline. With that in mind, pushing the trailer into position at home isn't fun without a second person. But this made it possible: Trailer Valet 5X - Trailer Hand Dolly 5,000 Lbs I think they no longer make the exact model I have, but the 5x is the most similar to what I have.

I had the stock jack replaced with this. For travelling, I do take the main assembly off and it travels in the back of the car, because although it 'probably' would be fine for clearance, I don't want to chance it.

Gary & Janine and dustinp like this.
  2. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

I didn’t want to mount a shower and side shower stall on the CI and mounted in on the travel vehicle to keep the area around the CI dry and not get all muddy and wet. On our CA trip the 23zero shower stall has worked out great. For quick over night stopping it is set up as the porti potty room.

The 23zero has two zippers so you can reach into the back window to grab your towel or things. Sets up quick and breaks down quickly