In Progress External Links List

Discussion in 'Improvements & Suggestions' started by Oysterpot, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Am I missing it or is there not a link list. I have a link to a web site that I am sure many of the camp cooks would enjoy.

It was started by people/person that is into TD's. She built her own. The site is geared to camp cooking though.

Here is the site

WWW.camp-cook.com You have to register to be active and visit all the threads, but it is free and you can give as much or little information as you want.

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

George,

I think you are supposed to do exactly what you did - provide the link & tell about it.

Joanne's site is great. She is a very interesting person & has a wealth of info on DO cooking.

Betsey

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

She keeps a tight rein which is good, but she is fair with her judgements, if and when she steps in. I absolutely love that site. It is very active and one can really get behind on the reading lol

If you follow the site, then you should recognize my avatar

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

George - no link list yet, but this is something that could be easily added once enough info gets compiled. Until then, you've got it exactly right. Thanks for posting!

5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Yep, I did recognize it! :)

6. We, too, recognized it...I enjoy reading that forum.

tina

7. Evan

So, about the link list:

Several people have asked for the link list, so I'm going to put one up. However, I'm not quite sure what a link list even is.
    Please tell me what you would like to see, or any ideas you have regarding the format or content.

Thank you!

8. mewton

mewton Novice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Greg,

Below is the link to TOW:
    http://www.teardroptrailers.org/

If you send an email to the address below, they will add you to the list to receive their newsletter. I think it comes out once a quarter.

teardrops@bctonline.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  10. Evan

We will be maintaining a list of the dozen or so most useful links (Camp-Inn or camping related). If you know of one that is not listed, please submit it here:

11. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Thank you! That is going to be awesome!

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Tearjerkers

Whereas T&TTT is more of a builder's forum, Tearjerkers is more of a camping forum. With state/regional chapters, you can easily find out what is happening in your state/region & the locations of some great places to camp. I am one the co-directors for the St. Croix Chapter (Minnesota & Wisconsin). It is also not as "busy" of a forum as T&TTT, because it has a smaller membership. I kind of like that. :)

Teardrops.net

Teardrops.net is owned by Grant Whipp, a teardrop guru, manufacturer, & all around nice guy & good friend. Here you will find a teardrop forum (Teardrop Talk); calendar of events & gatherings all across the country; mystery teardrops; teardrops for sale; teardrop manufacturers list; as well as where to get parts, plans & lots of other good stuff.

:cool:

13. Evan

Thanks, Betsey. They are on the list now.

14. Bunni

Bunni Novice

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ is an active campground review web site we found helpful in planning our Florida to Maine trip next month. There are other review sites out there but none seemed as active as this one. This one covers all kinds of campgrounds national, state,private.... Real reviews by campers. Like most of the review sites they are just folks opinions not facts.
    Better to have some information then just flying blind. We have started to share our campground ratings(all two of them) as well.

Benn

15. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Evan rvparkreviews is a great tool thanks for finding it and sharing. Steve :)

16. jpbrew

jpbrew Novice

http://rv.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?itm=teardrop&fil=

The above link is one posted by Jean W on the "For Sale" list. Maybe deserves to be put here. It's a site for Teardrops that are for sale.

JP

17. starlight

starlight Novice

I don't know them off hand, but I know that I visited several blogs posted or recommended by folks on this forum before we decided on Camp-Inn. You can link to the page at Camp-Inn that links some of these blogs.

18. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Those are the links I mentioned & Evan has posted them...Tearjerkers, Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers (T&TTT) & Teardrops.net (Used to be Tails & Trails). Tales & Trails is the newsletter for Teardrop Times, which is part of Teardrops.net & requires a paid subscription. It is only the newsletter that has a fee, not the website.

By the way Evan, you might want to add TeardropTrailers.org It is the website for TOW (Teardrops of Oregon & Washington). They also have an online newsletter.

:cool: