Extension for table leg

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by GinaNBob, May 30, 2015.

1. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have seen a modification that others use for when the table leg is too short for the site you are camping. I believe it is a piece of pvc pipe. Can anyone tell me about this? How long a pipe, is it adjustable, what diameter, etc? I looked thru previous posts but could not find.
    Thanks
    Gina

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I was using a piece of 1 1/4 PVC with a cap on it about six or seven inches long. I would just put enough sand or rocks in the pipe to whatever height was needed for the site.
    I have found a better way now. I got a length of 3/4 square aluminum tubing. I took off the cap on the end of the table leg and it slips up inside the leg. I then drilled a hole all the way through the table leg. Best to use a drill press so it goes straight through. I marked the piece of 3/4 tubing an inch apart for 6 inches. I then slipped the tubing inside the table leg and drilled holes to match up with the one I had already drilled in the table leg. I put a pin through to hold it in place and a new cap on the end of the aluminum tube.
    I don't know how to do pictures on the forum but if you PM me with a cell phone number I will send you a couple of pictures. Right now I can't even seem to get my pictures downloaded to the computer. I don't know what happened. I used 18 inches of Tubing for the dining table and 12 for the fridge table. You just have to make sure the table leg on the fridge will not stick out and interfere with stowing it in the galley.

3. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Thank you so much Patty. I described what you wrote and my husband understood immediately ( me too). Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!